Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Oxygen tank question

I have a brand new aluminum medical oxygen tank. It stands about ohh about 2 and half feet or so. Can this be used as a tank for an oxy/acetylene set up? I have other smaller oxygen tanks too they are only about 1 foot high or so maybe a bit more not even sure the diameter but I have 5 of them. BUt they are all aluminum green tops and bottom and aluminum color in the middle.

I amTrying to figure out if I should try selling them off or keep them.

Thanks in advance!

Pat M

Default Oxygen tank question

I have had 5 medical cylinders, size E, I believe, converted to both Oxygen, Argon, and Helium for portable welding.

I went to a cylinder house in Aurora, IL to have this conversion performed. The cyls needed to be hydrotested, so it was a 1-stop shop.

Having a portable Argon cylinder is really convenient.

Happy new year!
    _kevin

Syncrowave 250 Analogue
    Maxstar 200SD
    Maxtron 450
    IntelliTIG 40
    S64M Wirefeeder

Non-Blue:
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Lincoln Precision Tig 275
    Lincoln WeldPak 155

Quote Originally Posted by karchiba View Post
    I have had 5 medical cylinders, size E, I believe, converted to both Oxygen, Argon, and Helium for portable welding.

I went to a cylinder house in Aurora, IL to have this conversion performed. The cyls needed to be hydrotested, so it was a 1-stop shop.

Having a portable Argon cylinder is really convenient.

Happy new year!
    Awesome! Yep this is the E as well, brand new. One tank of oxygen went through it. I have 5 of the smaller ones too not sure what they are I will have to look.

Thanks a bunch

Happy New Year!

Depending how much you plan to use it these empty very quickly with cutting &/or heating.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Quote Originally Posted by MMW View Post
    Depending how much you plan to use it these empty very quickly with cutting &/or heating.

Ya I can see that. I got a 125 cu ft tank for argon/co2 brand new. I was just curious. I will keep them around though. Not so much them real small ones but the Bigger one is alright and light, compared to the 125 cu ft.

TY!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!