Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DYNASTY 200DX new or old

I am currently looking at buying a 2004 dynasty 200dx that was used in a late model race shop. The main board has been replaced with about 5 hrs on new one, also comes with another spare board. I have a lot of time with the dynasty 300dx with tig runner. It had been a few years (2009) since i used a new 200dx air cooled. loved that machine other than the torch seeming hot. Just curious what probelms the older machines may have compared to the later updated model. I was planning on purchasing new this spring however the price is right on this used machine ($2000) Any additional info I can get would be very helpful.

Thanks, Tony

Just make sure the switch is wired right and the output lug nuts are securely tight. Left to right black / white / red (looking at it from the front panel)

In both cases you'll have to remove the cover though.

I have a 2011 dynasty 200dx with brand new weldcraft tig torch, brand new ground lead and tweco clamp, foot pedal, and both dinse connectors. I also have the MVP chord which allows you to hook up 110 and 220 without disconnecting the wires in the machine. My machine is still under warranty, and comes with a brand new Victor flow meter, and brand new Miller cover! If you want to buy it send me a pm. My machine works puuuurfect. Joe
    Last edited by westpoint; 12-31-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Default DYNASTY 200DX new or old

Get a new one in the spring, $2000 is too high for air cooled package, pre blue lightning.

2000 is too much I dont think so I see them go all day long on flebay for that kinda money

well i've been looking for a used machine for several years now, for one they are very hard to come by via internet or local shops etc. Most the ones i've found the people want a few hundred lest than what my buddy can get them for me for. I was just wondering if there were any major disadvatages to the old vs new. i for one have never used a new maching with the blue lightning feature. Other than that i would love to buy brand new but if i can save myself $1500 to $2000 on the deal its deffinatly worth looking into. Just seeking info from people who have used them more than i have the past few years. like i said most my time welding has been on a 300dx or old ass sycrowaves. Thanks for the input guys, it is very much appreciated

Thanks, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TLSPEED View Post
    well i've been looking for a used machine for several years now, for one they are very hard to come by via internet or local shops etc. Most the ones i've found the people want a few hundred lest than what my buddy can get them for me for. I was just wondering if there were any major disadvatages to the old vs new. i for one have never used a new maching with the blue lightning feature. Other than that i would love to buy brand new but if i can save myself $1500 to $2000 on the deal its deffinatly worth looking into. Just seeking info from people who have used them more than i have the past few years. like i said most my time welding has been on a 300dx or old ass sycrowaves. Thanks for the input guys, it is very much appreciated

Thanks, Tony
    I talked to the tig guys at miller about blue lightning and they said its not worth spending the extra coin for he told me if u can find a good deal on one buy it nothing wrong with pre blue lightning models but they stated it make arc starts softer and easier every time u strike a arc I my self bought a pre blue lightning dynasty 350 the other day so I am happy but I would like to try a blue lightning unit if I could get a chance and the other thing is I don't use it everyday so a used non blue lightning machine fits my budget

Default selling your machine

How much would you want for it? Also, is it high frequency start?

Did u buy it ???

Default slightly drowned Dynasty 200

I was recently victimized by Storm Sandy and my shop was filled with water to a depth of a bit over 3 feet. My 200 was completely inundated. Not even going to try to salvage anything, but if anyone can use it for parts (cabinet, etc.) you are welcome to it for free. Also have some cables and torch parts that were not hit, they are available gratis, too. I'll wait a decent interval, and if no interest, I hate to do it but it'll all go to the junkyard. Should be a couple dollars worth of copper in there, huh? I'm in zip code zone 08050. Had a lot of fun with that machine.