Hi I am new to this forum, but I look forward to reading some good posts here. I have searched the forum and could not find the answer to my question. I was hoping somebody could help me out.
The problem I am having is with warping on a tail gate that I build for Trailking Livebottoms. I have made a hundred of these doors and every one has been bowed about 3/8 to 1/2 inch from the center to the end. I am welding an 8 gage doorsheet on a 1/4"x 1 3/4" tube. I like to weld it using accupulse with my wire speed at 325 ipm and arc control at 54 and arc adjust at 23. My co-worker who installs the door asked me to work on the warping to make his job easier. I have tried everything that I can think of. I have been able to reduce it a little bit by switching to normal mig. 21.5v 330imp, however I hate the splatter. Plus once I got use to accupulse it is **** going back to regular mig. I do fine dialing pulse in on anything else. I build the door on a jig the same shape and clamp the four corners down before I start welding the sheet on. I have even tried to blow air through the tube while welding. I also try to weld in increments of 12-18 inches,jump around and let it cool between. I was hoping somebody would have some ideas. The door tube in the picture looks warped as well.truck-slide.jpg