Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Syncrowave 200 problems

I have a Syncrowave 200 that I bought used. Machine looks brand new, was roughly 1 year old when I bought it and used as a backup machine in a small shop. I hooked it up yesterday and can't get it to work. When the foot pedal in pressed, the machine displays "over temp" in the 2 screens. I searched and haven't had much luck finding this issue. Reading the manual I should be seeing "over temp recf or xmfr, but all I'm getting is "over temp" Any suggestions on what it could be? Thanks

Sooo, foot pedal disconnected, the machine works fine. I'd guess that the foot pedal has a bad cable and has shorted between the microswitch and the potentiometer leads

That was my thoughts, but without the pedal there is no way to tell if it works though, it just turns on. I pulled the pedal apart and no broken wires or parts, what should I have for voltage readings coming in or out of the potentiometer?

A & B are contact closure C,D,E are potentiometer.

So what you could do is paper clip "A" & "B" on the machine amphenol, if the machine comes up without the over temp display, you've found your problem

by paperclip, do you mean a jumper wire between the a & b ports on the machine? where the pedal plugs in?

Well, yeah, thats all the remote is doing. So jumper the pins, and turn your machine's control to local

Thanks for the help. Foot pedal was the problem. Any suggestions on what one to buy to replace it? Is there any one that would be better, or and upgrade to what I had? The one that came with the machine was a RFCS-14.

Why not repair the foot control you have?
    I had to replace the cntrol wire for the foot control on my SW 250.....was a piece of cake.

I'll give it a try, any place I can find a wiring diagram?

Quote Originally Posted by kjp800 View Post
    I'll give it a try, any place I can find a wiring diagram?

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o844h_mil.pdf