Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tig setup for a Trailblazer 325?

I just picked up a Trailblazer 325 and would like a couple suggestions for a decent TIG setup to learn on for it. Mostly for light to mild duty steel and stainless.
    Thanks.
    ~J

I'd like to know the same for a TB302.
    Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic 350P Aluminum
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ w/MVP™
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 52
    Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

I'm not usually one to complain; in this case I will make an exception. To have this thread looked at 172 times without a knowledgeable response leaves a rather bitter taste in my mouth. More so due to the fact that another user appears to be looking for something similar and still no response after roughly two days. So I'll go about answering my own question in this thread with knowledge I've gained by simply utilizing Google, which irks me to no end. I shouldn't have to answer my own question in a forum such as this. Prove me wrong by adding constructive criticism in this thread.

I found this rather easy to use TIG torch selector on Weld Craft's website.
    http://www.weldcraft.com/help-me-choose/

Looking at the manual for each given torch selection will further drill down the type of torch you’re looking at with its available options. With/without a gas valve, two piece cable/one piece cable, with/without a high frequency box, etc..
    http://www.weldcraft.com/literature-manuals/

Example: WP-17's manual http://www.weldcraft.com/pdfs/o225427d_multi.pdf

Weld Craft's full catalog is here with Weld-Ready TIG torch kits at the very bottom of page 27.
    http://www.weldcraft.com/pdfs/Weldcr...ll-Catalog.pdf

Here are a few manufactures of TIG torches.

Weld Craft
    http://www.weldcraft.com/

CK Worldwide
    http://www.ckworldwide.com/

Tec-Torch
    http://www.tectorch.com/

Nu-Tec Systems
    http://www.nu-tecsys.com/

Radnor
    http://www.airgas.com/browse/product...aspx?catID=217

Even Lincoln Electric
    http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...s/torches.aspx

Why are you complaining about an absolutely free resource? Great way to motivate people to help you!

Well I am honestly not trying to be a smart arse but not knowing what the welder was, I looked it up. When you purchase something that size I would have thought your welding knowledge and experience would give you answers to your own questions.
    I however did purchase a 200 DX and had never welded a thing in my life, so you may have gone the full hog like I did.
    That is a large and expensive machine though. Hope someone helps you because I for one am still learning after five years with mine. Thank God I do not weld for a living, I would be bust with the little I know.
    Good Luck.

We didn't answer this thread cause it seemed so stupid. Obviously the OP has never welded before, let alone Tig. A simple looksee through your owners manual, would tell you about lift arc tig.

What do you need to know, hmmmm, a torch maybe with a dial to turn off/on the gas. A tig block and bottle of Argon, or trimix.

The other guy needs the same, maybe a HF stabilizer for running Aluminum.

Maybe a class on how to read your manual. or an internet class on how to search this forum would help too.

The trailblazer 325 is dc only, an Hf 251 would not allow you todo aluminum.

What you need a is simple tig torch with a built in valve and power block for scratch start tig

A foot pedal would be a nice feature to adjust heat
    and a bottle of argon

Brand really isn't that important, but because of the board, I will suggest a
    WELDCRAFT AIRCOOLED, 200 A, 25ft W/VALVE WP26V25RM $258.62

Also a pc-300 would allow for pulse tig

When I said "the other guy", I ment the guy with the 302 which has AC.

Both units have lift arc, zero reason to scratch start
    Last edited by cruizer; 12-22-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    Why are you complaining about an absolutely free resource? Great way to motivate people to help you!
    You must have missed the
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Joshua View Post
    constructive criticism
    portion of my second post.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpgino View Post
    Well I am honestly not trying to be a smart arse but not knowing what the welder was, I looked it up. When you purchase something that size I would have thought your welding knowledge and experience would give you answers to your own questions.
    I however did purchase a 200 DX and had never welded a thing in my life, so you may have gone the full hog like I did.
    That is a large and expensive machine though. Hope someone helps you because I for one am still learning after five years with mine. Thank God I do not weld for a living, I would be bust with the little I know.
    Good Luck.
    Never look a gift horse in the mouth as it is hard to beat free, a house warming present so to speak. Heh, full hog, starting out somewhat in the middle is always a nice way to go. Learning is always key, the problem with welding, much like anything else, knowledge can only take you so far, you need skill and experience to take you the rest of the way. Practicing and taking an honest interest in performing to the best of your abilities helps immensely. Good luck to you and keep at it; the world is sorely in need of experienced dedicated welders.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    We didn't answer this thread because it seemed so stupid. Obviously the OP has never welded before, let alone Tig. A simple look see through your owners manual, would tell you about lift arc tig.

What do you need to know, hmmmm, a torch maybe with a dial to turn off/on the gas. A tig block and bottle of Argon, or trimix.

The other guy needs the same, maybe a HF stabilizer for running Aluminum.

Maybe a class on how to read your manual; or an internet class on how to search this forum would help too.
    I was looking more for a discussion on the different manufactures rather than the overall TIG setup on the TB325. I’m not sure which manufactures produce quality products and I figured this forum “might” be able to shed some light on that, rather than sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amc724 View Post
    The trailblazer 325 is dc only, an Hf 251 would not allow you todo aluminum.

What you need a is simple tig torch with a built in valve and power block for scratch start tig

A foot pedal would be a nice feature to adjust heat
    and a bottle of argon

Brand really isn't that important, but because of the board, I will suggest a
    WELDCRAFT AIRCOOLED, 200 A, 25ft W/VALVE WP26V25RM $258.62

Also a pc-300 would allow for pulse tig
    Yup, and nope.
    I’ll take a look at that model again; it’s on my list of possibilities.
    Hadn’t seen the PC-300 in my browsing, I’ll take a look at that as well.
    Thanks for providing some usable info.

Joshua, Take a look on that other post, I left a fairly detailed set up to help you get started on tig welding, I will recheck back here in a couple of days to see if you have any more questions. But take a look at the other fellas post.