Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: welding cloths

Default welding cloths

Generally, I stay with Carhartt bib coveralls overtop a long sleeve work shirt made of a heavier material. Works great for spinning pipe, repair, or general fab work. Plus you get a lot of pockets this way! When I pull out the air-arc, I throw a leather jacket on overtop

Jeans, boots and leather jacket. When it's 100 degrees I may just wear a long sleeve shirt without jacket.
    Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic 350P Aluminum
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ w/MVP™
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 52
    Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

Depends on where and what process. If it is TIG in my shop (attached to my house) I wear my Tuxedo and a Boutinier or maybe my speedos and sandals or nothing .. If it is Stick welding out on the hill in the cold and wind, it is Carhartts and boots. The key is to fit the clothes to the job and the weather conditions.
    Don J
    Reno, NV

Never pick a fight with an old guy. Old guys are too smart to fight and get hurt. They'll just kill you and get it over with.

Posting Permissions