Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default bought a new to me dynasty 350

The 350 is way better than the 200. The 200 is way easier for portability than the 350, glad I have both
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by go2building View Post
    The 350 is way better than the 200. The 200 is way easier for portability than the 350, glad I have both
    Kevin
    I am going to have both air and water I don't plan on moving it to much but if I do I will run the air cooled torch and leave the cart and cooler at home plus have finger and foot pedal as well

Default Miller dynasty 350 bought new in 2006

Got mine new back in 2006 with the water cooling kit and complete rack, we manufactured railings and towers for Bertam yachts, the last job was done around 2009, machine never had any problems, was put inside my clean garage waiting for better days... Few weeks ago when I finally tried to use the machine the display was dead, power is ok 230v in and out of the main breaker, white and black wires, red is isolated just like before.. Grown is ok.
    We took the machine to the Miller service center in Hollywood Florida, they charge me $210 to evaluate the problem.. They claim that all 3 boards are bad and the repairs will cost close around $3200, they offer $750 to buy it as is.
    The most incredible part of this deal is that the inside and outside looks like new, no sign of burned parts, resistors, capacitors, are all clean & perfect, machine was inside, no dents. Paid close to $9000 with the extra long lines, pipe covers, I made payments (lease for so long) and now that is mine is no good.
    I need advice..

Quote Originally Posted by Mabruteam View Post
    Got mine new back in 2006 with the water cooling kit and complete rack, we manufactured railings and towers for Bertam yachts, the last job was done around 2009, machine never had any problems, was put inside my clean garage waiting for better days... Few weeks ago when I finally tried to use the machine the display was dead, power is ok 230v in and out of the main breaker, white and black wires, red is isolated just like before.. Grown is ok.
    We took the machine to the Miller service center in Hollywood Florida, they charge me $210 to evaluate the problem.. They claim that all 3 boards are bad and the repairs will cost close around $3200, they offer $750 to buy it as is.
    The most incredible part of this deal is that the inside and outside looks like new, no sign of burned parts, resistors, capacitors, are all clean & perfect, machine was inside, no dents. Paid close to $9000 with the extra long lines, pipe covers, I made payments (lease for so long) and now that is mine is no good.
    I need advice..
    That's not good I would call a tech at miller tig department

Quote Originally Posted by Mabruteam View Post
    I need advice..
    Hold on there. I would take it to another service center. The likelyhood that it worked perfect when you used it last, then won't fire up when next used does not indicate to me that all three boards are dead. I have only had boards fail under load.

And the fact they offered to buy it is sketchy too. I bet they never even opened it. I have a dead Dynasty350 that endured some 8000 hours of hard labor that I keep for an ornament. It indeed failed under full load, and has bad boards. However I would gladly take $750 for it, as I know for a fact that it died a noble death and aint coming back to life.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Oh, and my repair center only charges $75 for an estimate.

Miller Dynasty700DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    Hold on there. I would take it to another service center. The likelyhood that it worked perfect when you used it last, then won't fire up when next used does not indicate to me that all three boards are dead. I have only had boards fail under load.

And the fact they offered to buy it is sketchy too. I bet they never even opened it. I have a dead Dynasty350 that endured some 8000 hours of hard labor that I keep for an ornament. It indeed failed under full load, and has bad boards. However I would gladly take $750 for it, as I know for a fact that it died a noble death and aint coming back to life.
    8000hrs on it ? How many arc starts ? Lol the one I bought only has 200 hrs on it glad u got too see 8000hrs out of it

Quote Originally Posted by mikesystem View Post
    8000hrs on it ? How many arc starts ? Lol the one I bought only has 200 hrs on it glad u got too see 8000hrs out of it
    That is a guess because it won't even power up. But it was a production unit burning alum for 5 years. It was a pre-blue-lightning unit and I really like how the blue lightning works.

Miller Dynasty700DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw

Everything can be converted into a time frame.

150,000 / 60 MPH = roughly 2,500 hours on a car that you are looking to purchase. That would mean you are looking to buy a car that ran for a year and a quarter at 60 mph during a normal 40 hour work week, year.

8,000 hours would equal 4 work years (52 weeks x 40 hrs week, - 80 hrs vacation)

8,000 hours x hourly arc starts of avg 35 equals 280,000

I figured 35 as an average of 20 ASph if welding, and 50 ASph if fitting/tacking

Quote Originally Posted by Country Metals View Post
    Everything can be converted into a time frame.

150,000 / 60 MPH = roughly 2,500 hours on a car that you are looking to purchase. That would mean you are looking to buy a car that ran for a year and a quarter at 60 mph during a normal 40 hour work week, year.

8,000 hours would equal 4 work years (52 weeks x 40 hrs week, - 80 hrs vacation)

8,000 hours x hourly arc starts of avg 35 equals 280,000

I figured 35 as an average of 20 ASph if welding, and 50 ASph if fitting/tacking
    Had'nt thought of it that way. Puts a different light on it.

Miller Dynasty700DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800