Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    I may be proven wrong but my guess is the OP is now fearful he's likely sitting on a hot machine and we probably won't be hearing back from him.
    Time for a new username!

I agree with the other posters. That machine is probably hotter than a two-dollar pistol!

Quote Originally Posted by Drf255 View Post
    I bought a CST280 on eBay a while back when I was still pretty ignorant to machines. The SN was gouged off the liable on the back.

The seller played dumb, then gave me a full refund. The transaction was reported to eBay.

There is never any good reason any SN is removed from anything.
    NOPE! Only reason to remove serial numbers is because its stolen. Why would anyone want to remove serial numbers? No other reason I can think of. I mean with that being known, I think I would want to get my money back for two reasons. One if it was ever serviced. It would suck to be something legit on your end, and then be nailed for recieving stolen goods. Its just not a very good thing. I dont know any other reason anyone would want to remove SN's. And it if could possibly be indentified they would take it right off you and give it back to the original owner. But I am no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    The right thing to is supply that engine serial# to Miller, find out what the true serial# is. Find out if its reported stolen. If so then try and get a refund from the seller, then report him to the police.

The problem for you if it indeed is stolen, is that you can go to jail possessing stolen mechandise. I mean who buys a machine without a serial # in the first place??
    And if you contact police and it is reported stolen you are out of your money, they will return it to the person it was stolen from, and then you are out whatever you paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockshot View Post
    After having my TB 302 stolen I was pi$$ed off. If this were my machine I would want it back. The right thing to do is go to local law enforcement to see if they can track the serial number down. Hopefully this member is a standup guy and will do the right thing.
    Fist get your refund from the seller, then contact police.

I hope u got a deal of a life time

Quote Originally Posted by mikesystem View Post
    I hope u got a deal of a life time
    I second that. But its not worth it when it can be taken right away from you no matter what he paid. Not to mention buying something with removed serial numbers is going to be hard to explain to the authorities and chances of facing charges would be very very likely.