Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    . . . and bottle of Argon, or trimix.
    And as pointed out in the other thread - no trimix for SS with TIG - 100% argon only. TIG and CO2 (in trimix) do not go together.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    Joshua, Take a look on that other post, I left a fairly detailed set up to help you get started on tig welding, I will recheck back here in a couple of days to see if you have any more questions. But take a look at the other fellas post.
    I think you're referring to this thread, TIG-unit-question, Post #12 correct?
    Thanks for the info, keep it coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    And as pointed out in the other thread - no trimix for SS with TIG - 100% argon only. TIG and CO2 (in trimix) do not go together.
    Noted on the Argon.

Yes Joshua, Post #12, I hope that gave you some of the imformation that you needed.

Have tri-mix on the brain, was thinking Argon-Helium, have a bottle of it here. Welds stainless slick

Personally I like the tweco 150 amp flex head torch, but I think they've gone out of business or sold out, all we used in the furnaces was the tweco, man their tough,, the power cable use to be called "super flex" one piece,, two piece (two hoses, one power one gas) equals junk in my book.

I have trailblazer also for home use, good generator, I bought the add on HF box just like we use at work for my aluminum work, can't remember the model # though but it's very durable, I also use a 1/8" tungsten set up for 95% of my tig work even at work.

If I remember right the contractors that weld next to me at work use the Weldcraft torch,, never really cared for them, just wouldn't take the abuse, maybe its changed, but my Tweco set up has served me well for the last 20 yrs.
    pull-do