Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeppa View Post
    I second fusionking. I currently have two speedglas helmets a 100v, and a 9002x. My next one will be a 9100xx. In my opinion speedglas has the best hood for the money with the best optics. The 100v is their economy hood with the least amount of features and smallest viewing area but, the optics in my opinion surpass anything in its price range.

How are they on overhead? My Miller just fryers up with the sparks. Why dose miller put a catch shelf for **** to sit on?

Default auto darkners are good

I have both a miller elite auto darkner and a passiveg lens mp 10. Both miller. I use a glass gold lens for the mp 10 and it is so lite weight and i never get flashed because you dont have to wait for a response time. With the elite i use it to mig so i dont lose postion and weld on sum wall that doesnt need weld. But after a while i ended up using nothing but the passive lens. Miller mp10 cost me 35 dollars at air gas and the lens at TSC cost 7 dollars. The lens is a shade 10 and gold filter and is made by hobart. This is my second lens. My buddy begged me for the first one. And you get good bang for your buck. Instead of the 300. They have low grades of miller helemts.

Default miller fixed that

The 2012gare better. And all of the gear goes from the inside. Instead of the flip apart front. Which it looked boss but no reasoning behind the shelf for the over head working force. The mp10s are nice and lite thats whats so awesome about them.

I had a cheapo Northern Tool $50 autodark hood and then got a Miller Digital Elite, but neither of them lets me see as well as with a plain old non-autodark gold #11 shade in a Jackson hood.

I like the Jackson hood because the headgear is replaceable and reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    I had a cheapo Northern Tool $50 autodark hood and then got a Miller Digital Elite, but neither of them lets me see as well as with a plain old non-autodark gold #11 shade in a Jackson hood.

I like the Jackson hood because the headgear is replaceable and reasonably priced.
    Don't know if it is an age thing, but my Huntsman/Jackson hoods with the gold #10 and magnifiers have never served me better. I still have 2 autodark but rarely use them.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Hi All !

Thank you all guys, for the valuable information, warnings and advices...

Last day I bough a Classic Autodark from Miller, $ 99.00.
    I have found other cheaper and other expensives, but the classic fits my budget and requirements

Happy New Year

Newton

Default Wath kind of helmet ?

How do you like the classic miller? Is it the one with variable shade? I'm looking into getting one. I'm stuck on either the classic or the hobart VS discovery camo. I think the miller will hold up better and seems to be a better helmet. They're about the same price but if they're the same quality I would rather have the camo hobart

You can also look on Craigslist and, occasionally, you'll
    find some great deals. Last week I picked up a Miller Digital Elite (only 2 months old) for $150.

Dang that is a great deal. I found a speedglas, can't remember the name but I looked it up and it was about $500 and he was selling for $150 but I didn't have the money then. Hopefully ill get good feedback on the Mille or find a good CL deal soon

I use an HTP striker for $99 with free shipping and grinding mode
    http://www.usaweld.com/Striker-Steal...p/90130-wg.htm

It works just as good as my miller except a few things I like better. It's lighter and I can just hit a button for grind mode. The miller I have to take off my gloves and turn the dial all the way down. Oh and the miller was 2x the price.
    Hobart Handler 140 Mig
    HTP 221 tig
    Hypertherm Powermax 45