Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wath kind of helmet ?

Hi All !

I decided to retire my old welding helmet... It have worked hard since 1974, suffered several repairs and patches, it is just enough to hold the helmut inside my office, as a recognition of a good work friend.

And wath kind of helmet shal I buy ? A auto darkening ?
    Who make a autodarkened helmut at reasonable place?

My work is general electrical maintenance, and requires not too much welding. Sometimes I perfom 2-3 hours welding in a week.

I am living in Toronto

Thanks for any suggestion

Newton

I have the miller elite. It is an awesome helmet but is pricey at about $300. If u buy an auto make sure you don't have to turn it on. Bc it will turn itself off and u will without a doubt flash yourself. Just my two cents

You might be able to search and find some, but at one time miller was making a Maple leaf helmet.

http://www.millerwelds.com/about/new...ticles132.html

If you are looking for good all around auto darkening helmet that is reasonably priced I am firm on the 3M Seedglas 100V. I have a couple and they are durable, reasonably priced and have the beat optics in its price range IMO.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com

I have a couple esab helmets just basic auto darkening helmet with solar no batteries and 2 shades 10,11 hope this helps

I use a Jackson 4.25"x5.25" fixed shade with a gold lens. Thats my preference for most of the welding I do. Some of the over head GTAW that I do would probably be a little easier with an auto helmet so I'm also looking at getting a new one. The best Auto helmet I've tried so far IMO is the Miller Digital Elite, It's a little smaller viewing area than I'm used to but I believe I could adjust to it in time. I would suggest trying out some different ones and see what you like, if you have that option.

Fibre metal gold 12 with halo

Miller helmet with an extreme lens. Huge viewing area (biggest ive seen anywhere) Auto on. Self charging multiple settings the best if both brands.
    Last edited by eecervantes83; 12-22-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
    Work better & less parts to stock.
    Miller 130xp
    T/A Dragster 85 (portability 11 pounds)
    Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw
    1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

I like my Speedglas 9100XX
    It ain't cheep tho
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

I second fusionking. I currently have two speedglas helmets a 100v, and a 9002x. My next one will be a 9100xx. In my opinion speedglas has the best hood for the money with the best optics. The 100v is their economy hood with the least amount of features and smallest viewing area but, the optics in my opinion surpass anything in its price range.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com