Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Me think's the Dynasty DX is that much better! I too use my syncrowave 180 for a platform to hold my Dynasty 200 DX. The syncrowave hasn't been turned on here for many many months either. On the other hand it's a pretty good machine in it's own right hence I still have it taking up valuable space.

Default dittos on dynasty

I just got the 200DX and really like it. I guess if you need the requirements of even bigger, get the 300 model, but I think I'd rather use cash to buy bigger argon bottles that the 2 midsize bottles I got, and have both foot and hand control torches.
    I used to have a maxstar 150 and liked it alot too, actually thought it ran better and started easier than the 200 DX which I think is saddled with alot of extra baggage having smart power (any input/phase voltage), least ways that's what I'm attributiing to it as same problem exists with maxstar 200 we have at work. The welding supply store recomended thermal arc 180 as best bang for buck and best product support, but I chose to stick with American made Miller after excellent results and product support with Maxstar I had and sold when moved up to Dynasty. I wanted alluminum capability in shop, tho yet to use it.

Rev600:
    The difference between the 2 is the differance between a 1965 Mack dumptruck and a 2005 Mack dump truck. Same brand, but much more updated and uses less energy, and alot of new features that may not be necessary for all users but the ones that are doing Aluminum or exotic metals nothing beats the Dynasty. I own a 200DX and have welded with a 300DX and I can't see me ever going back to a traditional transformer machine.

The real difference is that the normal traansformer, operate at 60Htz because that is the wave form of the incoming voltage, the inverters like the dynasty make it possible to adjust the Htz and by adjusting this you can adjust penetration and arc shape and even shake the puddle on alluminum to float out impurities.

The technology also makes it much more efficient, a syncrowave 250 will draw at full load something like 100 amps, whereas the Dynasty 300DX will draw a third as much. What this means is the electric meter doesn't spin as fast and your bill is less. It costs more up front but it will save alot during its lifetime.

Peace,

The Synchrowave 250 a not bad machine at all. The Dynasty 300DX is just that much better and more advanced.

Cool to buy or not to buy

dyn 300 dx