I've got a cst280. Nice small machine and can burn some pretty good size rod. I can also cook through 1/8" and 5/32" rod all day on an undersized breaker without popping it. My millermatic 251 with through a breaker sometimes. Somewhat annoying. I am slowing putting together a lift-tig setup for it so that I can tig mild and stainless steel. I have a torch and hose but I need a tank of argon and tri-mix and a regulator... Sorry I can't help with tig. If you get a tig specific maxstar then you get some more features than the cst for just a little bit more price. The cst is a stick welder that CAN tig, but isn't really designed for it. I would run the dynasty and call it good. You can get the air cooled setup with foot pedal for a decent price. How much stick vs tig do you see yourself doing? Mig is my go to because it is super easy to setup and very easy to keep clean and finish. No slag chipping or anything. Also, the hot start and dig settings on the cst seem to make a small difference, but I am not experienced enough to tell what exactly that different is...