Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The doors look really cool. I bet it is very satisfying to watch them open and close.

I’m not usually one of those safety hounds but those doors are huge. I hope there is some kind of device on those lift cylinders that prevents them from collapsing if there is a sudden loss of hydraulic pressure. You sure wouldn't want to be standing in the doorway if they ever came down fast.

They sure look a lot better than a steel roll-up door, and I would think they seal up better than a sliding door too.

Quote Originally Posted by FernTJ View Post
    The doors look really cool. I bet it is very satisfying to watch them open and close.

I’m not usually one of those safety hounds but those doors are huge. I hope there is some kind of device on those lift cylinders that prevents them from collapsing if there is a sudden loss of hydraulic pressure. You sure wouldn't want to be standing in the doorway if they ever came down fast.

They sure look a lot better than a steel roll-up door, and I would think they seal up better than a sliding door too.
    It was very satisfying, a little scary too. I too was worried about them coming down in case of a hydraulic failure. On the second door when I first opened it, the pump failed and had to be replaced which meant cracking the line open and letting it come down. I had pioneer couplers on the lines for a way to open (and close) the doors with a tractor or skid loader hydraulics in the event of a power or pump failure, but unfortunately did not have either handy so I started by bleeding the line down and finally removed the pioneer fitting all together and drained the fluid into a bucket. It took about 2 minutes for the door to come down with the line fully opened, and even then it did not come completely closed. It takes hydraulic pressure to completely close them tight.

They do seal up nice tight - no snow or rain blowing in around them!

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    Hey man, you should be real proud of that work. You did a lot of jigging and leveling on some pretty darn hard to line up pieces. I would like to be able to think i could do that good of work. Hope everyone was proud of the build because it looks great......Fireman
    Thanks - appreciate it. It was a pain getting things to line up. I had to work at a few of them - a lot. A few I got lucky on

I too build alot of custom things so I can appreciate your craftsmen ship on that job. Nice work.

Thumbs up Thank-you for sharing

Well done well pictured this is why we love to come on that miller site.

You are a very organized man, it shows in your shop and work.

Q. what is the weight of that big door ?
    Q 2. With so many stuff in your shop do you happen to, once in a while, find things that you don't even remember you had ? (i do).

Good Job !

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
    Well done well pictured this is why we love to come on that miller site.

You are a very organized man, it shows in your shop and work.

Q. what is the weight of that big door ?
    Q 2. With so many stuff in your shop do you happen to, once in a while, find things that you don't even remember you had ? (i do).

Good Job !
    Thanks snowbird! I figured the weight of the door and frame right around 1300lbs, then the sheating and insulation another 700 lbs. I always find things that I dont remember I had, usually after I buy them again and go to put them in the exact same spot

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    I too build alot of custom things so I can appreciate your craftsmen ship on that job. Nice work.
    Thanks for the compliment - I love the custom jobs!

Thumbs up Cool !

Awesome shop, fabrication, install, and finish project. I'm glad snowbird asked about the weight, I was wondering the same thing. I'm glad YOUR door opening was large enough to get that out.
    Hopefully grain prices will remain high so more farmers will invest in your doors.
    I really like the MILLER blue painted stands, filler storage , and that stool. Great choice in equipment. These pictures are great ! This is the type of work that the weekend warrior will really appreciate. Great work.

Hey Willie,

I am wondering about that set-up you have for your boom/feeder in the picture titled "bottom half". It looks like it is suspended from something overhead, but I can't tell. Is that something you made or is that factory because I have never seen anything like it??? Just wondering.
    JIM

Owner Operator of JNT Mobile Welding & Repair LLC
    Millermatic 350P Aluma Pro
    Dynasty 200DX
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitecase 12RC
    Extreme 12VS
    Extreme 8VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Miller HF251D-1
    Passport Plus
    Spoolmate 100
    Hypertherm Powermax 45 and 85
    Ingersoll Rand Engine Driven Compressor
    Dake 75 ton H-Frame Press
    JD Squared Model 32 Bender
    Miller Digital Elite

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Awesome shop, fabrication, install, and finish project. I'm glad snowbird asked about the weight, I was wondering the same thing. I'm glad YOUR door opening was large enough to get that out.
    Hopefully grain prices will remain high so more farmers will invest in your doors.
    I really like the MILLER blue painted stands, filler storage , and that stool. Great choice in equipment. These pictures are great ! This is the type of work that the weekend warrior will really appreciate. Great work.
    Well, my opening wasn't big enough I finished welding everything on site. Thanks for the compliments and glad you enjoyed the pictures....
    BTW - got 3 more to do in the spring. Work is starting to get in the way of my side work