Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driveway Arch

Default Driveway Arch

Here's a driveway Arch I built for a friend this weekend. 12' 6" wide, letters are 12" tall, 1 3/8" scd. 40 pipe.Driveway Arch.jpg
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdude View Post
    Here's a driveway Arch I built for a friend this weekend. 12' 6" wide, letters are 12" tall, 1 3/8" scd. 40 pipe.Driveway Arch.jpg
    impressive, very nice job.

Sweet.
    How did you cut out the letters laser?

Ji
    Grip it and Rip it

Thanks, I cut the letters and farm scene with plasma

Great job.

Thumbs up

Looks really nice! good job!

Awsome bud!

Default was that done with a cnc controlled plasma?

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdude View Post
    Thanks, I cut the letters and farm scene with plasma
    is that a cnc controlled plasma? beautiful detail

I'm just getting into trying my hand doing some artistic work with the plasma...

Have an old dark room enlarger I use to project images on the steel and use a aluminum colored sharpie to draw the image, then cut with the plasma..
    Hobby Welder for about 32 years
    Hobart 190 MIG with SpoolGun
    Hobart AirForce 700i Plasma Cutter
    Hornell Speedglas 9000X Helmet
    295A AC Buzzbox (what I learned on)
    Miller Bobcat 225, factory propane option, also serves as my emergency power generator
    Dandeman Dan's Toy Page

yeah its a cnc plasma, Got it back at the begining of summer, only got to use it a little before we moved. Now I'm just getting time to use it again. Looking forward to a lot more project next year.

I really like it especially since my name is Glenn. There are a lot of these around these parts of CA where I live. Looks good.

Glenn