Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Problems With Syncrowave 200

I purchased a Syncrowave 200 maybe around 2 years ago new. I use it to weld up small parts on mild steel. Mostly have it set between 60 to maybe 90v but sometime have it down to 20 to 30. Anyway,,, the last time I tried to use it the arc was going everywhere, no smoothness to it at all, I know somthing was wrong. I took it back to where I got it from and they said it was still under warrenty. a cupple weeks later they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it, they needed to check the peddel and torch, so I took that in, it's been a few weeks. and I called the guys about it and they said they got it fixed that it needed to be adjusted that it wasn't runnign smooth at low voltage. Then he said that it was going to be $140, I told him I thought it was still under warrenty, he said well not for adjustment. Is someone just tring to get into my pocket? Is this covered in my warrenty? If it is not covered, How and where do I need to make any adjustments so they do not have to have my machine for 1-1/2 months again?

It's warranty machine, they have to file a warranty report. Don't pay a cent.

I hear reports of this going on all the time. telling the customers that some things are covered and somethings are not. Its completely bogus. The thing is that Warranty really doesn't pay much so they try to sting you.

It's quite likely that nothing was done, maybe they pulled a reset

Don't put up with it!

I found out what it probably is. The spark gap. I never checked it. I went through the manual before and never seen it. So they adjusted the spark gap. I guess that's not covered in warranty, and that's ok. Should that be $140 worth of adjusting? To me it looks like a 5 to 10 min. job at the most, maybe 15 min. tops if you are a very slow mover and trying to make the job last for what ever reason? I have never owned or messed with a tig much, I can run it just fine and have no problem welding all the small parts I work on. I didn't know about adjusting the gap? Should I have the $140 bill comming to me or should I be mad???

I'm thinking that there was zero problems with the welder to begin with. I'm thinking that you left the machine on a medium start, which is a little to much oomf for low amperage welds.

You do know that the unit has soft, medium and hot starts, configured through a sub menu in the machine.

Another thing I've been running into is if a power receptacle is welded to the table and plugged into the wall. this causes interferance with the weld.

Moral to the story, is that you may have to bite the bullet on this one, though Miller should still cover it. I'd put a claim through for an hour of inspection, and trouble shooting. But thats me......

"Another thing I've been running into is if a power receptacle is welded to the table and plugged into the wall. this causes interferance with the weld."

Would this issue be with tig only or possibly with mig as well ??

Quote Originally Posted by gkent View Post
    "Another thing I've been running into is if a power receptacle is welded to the table and plugged into the wall. this causes interferance with the weld."

Would this issue be with tig only or possibly with mig as well ??
    Yes