Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Pipepro 304 trouble with VA adjust

I have a 2008 Pipepro 304. I was having trouble adjusting the VA adjust to get to the right volts and amps when it was set on stick welding. I replaced the control board because the knobs were rusted and would not adjust because the machine has set on the back of my rig since I have had it. Now that I have replaced the control board, I am not able to adjust the VA adjust to the right volts and amps when it it set on spool or stick. What else could be causing my problem?

Going to guess and say you replaced the display board NOT the control board, Can you change the voltage when you put the mode switch to CV, if so, everyting is fine.

It was the display board I replaced and the knobs. Whenever I fire up my welder to weld, it's either burning too hot or too cold. For example, if I set it on 85 amps its welding more like 120 amps. It's doing this on all processes mig, tig etc.

Serial# of the machine, and did you put the new style display board in?

Serial # LK050028E miller pipe pro 304 cc/cv dc welder with 12,000 watt generator. I'm not sure if its the new style control panel. I called a miller rep and that's what they ordered.

Going to say. that you'll have to open er up, remove the bolts that hold the inverter in, yank in back a bit.

Remove the cover for the inverter, and tighten the right side output board bolts, as well as to replace the LEM on the left side of the inverter.

Sorry, what does LEM stand for and do you think the bolts have worked loose? And what is the average cost to fix this problem?

Its actually a toughy to diagnose, though the lem/Hall device tells the diplay board what the amperage is. It may very well be that your not used to the new proramming on the display board. Really you should take it into a repair shop, let them load it and see indeed if the amperage is out to lunch