Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Around here UPS is really good about letting you show up to the distro facility and pick up your item. It would add a little to shipping costs but then you get to play all weekend... just at thought. Of course back east it might be too late now.

The dewalt is junk. I got one a few years ago to replace my cast base harbor freight saw, but returned it after a few cuts because it rattled so much and the base was very cheap. I liked the harbor freight one better, so I just went back to that. But a few months ago my buddy got the Ridgid saw and was raving about it. He let me try it and I was shocked how quiet and vibration free it was. I've had mine now for a bit and still think its worth the money. Just make sure you don't run junk abrasives, like everything sold at big box stores. I only use Sg- elastic brand chop saw blades and cutoff wheels. They cut like butter and are pretty durable.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    Around here UPS is really good about letting you show up to the distro facility and pick up your item. It would add a little to shipping costs but then you get to play all weekend... just at thought. Of course back east it might be too late now.
    Ya I was thinking about that, even looked into it, But its like a 40 mile drive each way. And My I need to go have my picture taken for my drivers license, needs renewed. So I am pretty much SOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    The dewalt is junk. I got one a few years ago to replace my cast base harbor freight saw, but returned it after a few cuts because it rattled so much and the base was very cheap. I liked the harbor freight one better, so I just went back to that. But a few months ago my buddy got the Ridgid saw and was raving about it. He let me try it and I was shocked how quiet and vibration free it was. I've had mine now for a bit and still think its worth the money. Just make sure you don't run junk abrasives, like everything sold at big box stores. I only use Sg- elastic brand chop saw blades and cutoff wheels. They cut like butter and are pretty durable.
    Well I have no problem getting the Ridgid. Specially being a little bit less. One good thing about HD is thier return policy. You can hammer them up for 89 days and take it back on the 90th and exchange. Good info though, it got good reviews too. I will go for that. I need to get it asap. Most likely be picking it up with an angle grinder tomorrow. Kind of got tied up today. But since my other stuff is sitting at New stanton UPS facility, I got til monday. I will try it out, and they might even be running a sale since its the holidays.

Someone earlier on said to watch, "Jody's videos" Where can I find them?

As far as a chop saws go, I like the D handles because the arm grip gets horrible to hold after a while.

Dewalts are not crap, but there are 2 different grades of dewalts also. Home Depot grade, and industrial. Industrial is a lot more money, but made from more metal components.

Quote Originally Posted by pmac View Post
    Someone earlier on said to watch, "Jody's videos" Where can I find them?
    weldingtipsandtricks.com

weldingtipsandtricks.com
    Awesome! I been watching videos from weldingtipsandtricks.

TY!

weldingtipsandtricks.com
    Awesome! I been watching videos from weldingtipsandtricks.

TY!

I am so glad the holidays are finally going to be done with. After tonight everything will get back to normal. Its been keeping me from being able to even try my first tack, or bead.

I got all kind of toys, I mean tools to start using.

All kind of toys to start tooling with , I mean tools to start toying with I mean TOOLS to start USING!