Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Millermatic 350P

I was looking at a 2005 model 350P with about 300 hours on it and I'm assuming 10,004 arc strikes on it.(It was only registering 4 so I assumed it turned over). Again, assuming that it was not used in a heavy plate fab shop being ran near max every day, what are the hour and arc strike "numbers" when you should just not even consider the machine and walk away from it?
    By the way, I could probably get the machine for about $1,400.00.

Also, when you would turn it on and it would power up, it would buzz very, very loudly. Much louder than the new 350P that I have. Is that an indicator of something???
    JIM

Owner Operator of JNT Mobile Welding & Repair LLC
    Millermatic 350P Aluma Pro
    Dynasty 200DX
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitecase 12RC
    Extreme 12VS
    Extreme 8VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Miller HF251D-1
    Passport Plus
    Spoolmate 100
    Hypertherm Powermax 45 and 85
    Ingersoll Rand Engine Driven Compressor
    Dake 75 ton H-Frame Press
    JD Squared Model 32 Bender
    Miller Digital Elite

If the unit makes that much noise and there was no "magic smoke" let out, I would look at the contactor in the unit first off. A noisy contactor coil can be very loud and annoying and will eventually fail, but it does not tend to make any smoke or loud bangs in the process of failing. If another part had failed in the unit it should have been more obvious, with smoke, smell, or even blowing the wall breaker.

Why did you duplicate this post? Cruizer answered your first post and would have answered again if you added a question. Just curious why you would post almost the exact same post twice, when you had an answer from a very knowledgable individual (Cruizer)?
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

Actually, if you would pay attention a little closer, you would see that this was my first post and noboby replied. So I reworded the title to possibly get others to look at it.
    Still nobody replied. Then I asked cruizer specifically to help out.

Anyways, why does it bother you that I posted twice. Did it mess up your day or something???????
    JIM

Owner Operator of JNT Mobile Welding & Repair LLC
    Millermatic 350P Aluma Pro
    Dynasty 200DX
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitecase 12RC
    Extreme 12VS
    Extreme 8VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Miller HF251D-1
    Passport Plus