Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobcat 225D

I dont even see an injection pump someone told me that these are injectors and that a plunger inside of them is driven by the cam to build up the pop off pressure is this true

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    I used to work on Deutz engines and never saw what I'm going to describe until the low sulfur fuels showed up and if I hadn't seen it for myself, I probably wouldn't believe it.

I predict the pump rack is stuck in the no fuel position which would result in no fuel to the injectors even if the run/stop solenoid is in the RUN position.

The "fix" I witnessed involved draining the diesel from the injector pump, filling it with laquer thinner and letting it sit overnight. The next day the thinner was drained, pump reprimed with diesel, injector lines bled (fuel now getting to the injectors) and away it went. Deutz technicial said it was becoming more common with the low sulfer diesel. If a fuel additive isn't used to increase the lubricity of the fuel, the recommendation is to run a unit at least once a week to keep the rack from setting up.

Worth a try before digging any deeper.
    If this is the case with this rig, it might be worth looking for and using non-taxed or off-road diesel, the pink stuff. Besides, why pay road taxes on fuel for something that doesn't go down the road? I don't think the off-road diesel has to conform to the low sulphur requirement like it does for road vehicles.

We use the pink stuff.

I think you'll find it's still low sulfer and the pink just means you don't/didn't pay the highway use tax which is why you'll be ticketed if found to have pink fuel in your highway vehicle.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    We use the pink stuff.

I think you'll find it's still low sulfer and the pink just means you don't/didn't pay the highway use tax which is why you'll be ticketed if found to have pink fuel in your highway vehicle.
    I think in this part of the country it is not the low-sulphur, the exhaust smells a little different. But for the low-sulphur fuel, do you think something like Marvel Mystery Oil added to the fuel would help some in a case like this, Duanne?

I add a quart of trans fluid to every tank in my truck