Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobcat 225D

Hybrid View

Default Bobcat 225D

Hello all. Long time no chat, my blue machines have been doing great until now. My bobcat 225 wont start. ser# is KC282329 I am not getting fuel out of the injector lines. I bypassed the lift pump with an electric pump but still no fire. any suggestions? deutz engines are not my cup of tea. Thanks in advance

When's the last time you ran it?
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Not knowing what you tried so far it's hard to pin point. Are you in a cold climate area ? Water froze in fuel line or tank. Or where are you getting fuel last in the system ? I have had equipment that ran out of fuel and would not start after primed or filter filled up. Had to crack open different connections in fuel system up to the injectors to get air out . Also had bad fuel with alot of water in it. If it sets for a while water freezes solid at the bottom where the fuel pick up is. Or it could have jumped time. Hope you get it going. I hate working on my own stuff.

Do you have fuel to the injectors now that you have the electric pump installed when you crack the lines?
    Last edited by Rezeppa; 12-12-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com

I have cracked the lines on the injectors. I have clean fuel and I dont know when the last time it ran was. The welder isnt mine I am borrowing it part of the deal was I had to get it running. Tried ether and it will run on that but no fuel. I know my way around diesel engines and I dont even know where the ip (injection pump) is these deutzs' are new to me

Ok so you have fuel now with the electric pump (I think is what you said) now have you started bleeding the injectors with someone? Do you have smoke coming out of the exhaust? The reason I am asking very basic questions is I work for a refactory company and most of the pumps are small deutz and the fuel pumps get weak on some so we did what you have done an add an electric pump. Put Diesel 911 in the tank and a little in the filter. Be careful diesel 911 is bad for engines.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com

There is no smoke at all and no fuel at injectors are they actual injectors or just nozzels

I don't know without looking at it I am almost positive in is a injector nozzle. do you have a slide hammer to pull them and see? Ok if you have installed a fuel pump, and cracked lines and you still have no fuel start at the pickup tube and work your way forward. If you have no fuel it's not going to run obviously. Once you get fuel to the top of the motor go from there. Then you figure out if you have a bad injector or nozzle ill try to look into the engine do you have a serial number ill call my deutz dealer
    Last edited by Rezeppa; 12-13-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com

When you bleed your injectors don't be afraid to get messy. Run the fuel though until you are absolutely sure there is NO air still trapped in the system. As Rezeppa intimated it works a lot better with a helper so the fuel is still flowing as you close off the fitting.
    Meltedmetal

I used to work on Deutz engines and never saw what I'm going to describe until the low sulfur fuels showed up and if I hadn't seen it for myself, I probably wouldn't believe it.

I predict the pump rack is stuck in the no fuel position which would result in no fuel to the injectors even if the run/stop solenoid is in the RUN position.

The "fix" I witnessed involved draining the diesel from the injector pump, filling it with laquer thinner and letting it sit overnight. The next day the thinner was drained, pump reprimed with diesel, injector lines bled (fuel now getting to the injectors) and away it went. Deutz technicial said it was becoming more common with the low sulfer diesel. If a fuel additive isn't used to increase the lubricity of the fuel, the recommendation is to run a unit at least once a week to keep the rack from setting up.

Worth a try before digging any deeper.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110