Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Passport Plus for Silicon Bronze?

Anyone use a passport plus to weld silicon bronze? I'm an artist working w/ steel, stainless steel and cast silicon bronze. I'm starting work on a new piece that's being forged with 655 silicon bronze. I can tig weld the various pieces but I'm looking for a slightly faster process. That lead me to wondering about using a spool gun on my passport plus. Any pointers, thought or suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks!

- Peter

The Passport plus has a great arc to it, I absolutely love the machine. But I have yet to hear anything of the PP beyond the normal steel, s/s, alum.

I suggest that you contact NOMMA, it is basically the wrought iron club of america. They work with every metal and they could help you out the best. There are also many artists that subscribe to them.

http://www.nomma.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Country Metals View Post
    The Passport plus has a great arc to it, I absolutely love the machine. But I have yet to hear anything of the PP beyond the normal steel, s/s, alum.

I suggest that you contact NOMMA, it is basically the wrought iron club of america. They work with every metal and they could help you out the best. There are also many artists that subscribe to them.

http://www.nomma.org/
    Thanks!

Why use a spool gun, I have a 211 and use SB in it most of the time for brazing art stuff together.