Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: plz help

Default plz help

Are there any tricks to getting a loan so that I can get my own welding machine somebody plz help

Default plz help

Keep your credit standings good and don't default on loans. Don't borrow more than you can pay back.
    Kevin

Default plz help

Don't know where you live? But my local Airgas has a lease program on most Miller machines, and on tanks. Might work for you? it is a little easier due to the fact they will come take the machine if you don't make your payment. I think the min is 36 months? Don't quote me on that. Payments are relatively low on a MM 211, or 252. Worth a shot!!

Default plz help

R those acceptable on pipelines?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyGilchrest2 View Post
    R those acceptable on pipelines?
    If you're asking whether a Miller 211 or 252 is acceptable on pipelines you're going to need more help than anyone here can give.
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

Default plz help

I was asking if millers in general were acceptable on pipelines bcuz I've heard that most only want Lincoln's

You need to find out what is acceptable in the industry you are working in and for hte company you are working for, Miller is just fine here, they generally only spec the amount of amps you need to supply here, nothing brand specific.
    As far as buying it, I would buy a used welder until you can afford to pay cash for a new one. Plenty of engine drives out there cheap.

Default plz help

Ok thanks. What area are you working in

Are you a qualified welder?, ie, have taken the proper schooling and graduated through an apprentiseship course.

IF so just go to your local LWS they usually have outside loan companys in place for this purpose.

Default plz help

You just said you were looking for a machine? As has been stated, there are a lot of machines out there! I'm just a hobbyist, but I know every local store, I have done business with them all. All welcome my questions and are eager to give advice
    If you have not all ready seen on this site, be specific, give as much info as you can, and search your topic before hand. I will almost guarantee it's been asked, and a few of the senior guys have given some great advice.