Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can I run my Miller Bobcat 250 without the generator?

I use my Miller Bobcat 250 mostly in my garage for home projects. I am tired of having to push the thing outside whenever I want to weld something. Is there a way to plug it in so I can just run the welder off of the power from my house without having to run the generator?

Sorry if it is a dumb question, but I am new to these kind of welders. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Nope. But you could always try stripping the decals off and putting 225 thunderbolt xl ones on and see if that works.

You could make an exhaust extension to vent exhaust outside. Attach it to welder with a clamp or flange set up so it can be disconnected when you need to go portable.

Just get your self a cheap buzz box
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Furmdog:297620
    I use my Miller Bobcat 250 mostly in my garage for home projects. I am tired of having to push the thing outside whenever I want to weld something. Is there a way to plug it in so I can just run the welder off of the power from my house without having to run the generator?

Sorry if it is a dumb question, but I am new to these kind of welders. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    I know a guy that put a electric motor on an old lincwelder.. it wasn't very practical but it worked.

The rotor inside has to turn at the right RPM to get weld output. If you can find a way to do this besides using the attached engine then your in business. Weldon, in above reply has a solution for you by adding an electric motor, just not practical as he said.
    You need to get an electric welding machine to do what you are asking, not an engine drive. When you get it, let me know and I will come take that screaming BobCat off your hands for no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    The rotor inside has to turn at the right RPM to get weld output. If you can find a way to do this besides using the attached engine then your in business. Weldon, in above reply has a solution for you by adding an electric motor, just not practical as he said.
    You need to get an electric welding machine to do what you are asking, not an engine drive. When you get it, let me know and I will come take that screaming BobCat off your hands for no charge.
    That make sense. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I will look at some options for venting the welder. I posted a new thread on that topic. We'll see. Thanks everyone for your reponses.

Quote Originally Posted by Furmdog:297738
    Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    That make sense. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I will look at some options for venting the welder. I posted a new thread on that topic. We'll see. Thanks everyone for your reponses.
    Does that bobcat weld so good that you won't buy a lil buzz box?

Buy a DC buzzer, by the time you fart with exhaust, firing the thing up, putting gas in the electric would have paid for itself.

In fact would likely go for a wire feeder if inside.