Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: welding hoods

Default welding hoods

I'm a mig welder doing short arc an some spray . I have a older miller performance an I like it alot but have recently started using my pipeliner with a 10 gold lense . I like the look do the fix shade but it's easier to use the auto for my work most of the time . Can you get a blue lense in a auto hood ? An what do you guys prefer auto or fixed shade ?

Time and place for both, but a fixed gold for me 90% of the time.

i agree with you. but when all iam doing is running 1"-3" welds over and over and have to move around its almost easier to use the auto. My miller headgear is way more comfy then the pipeliner so thats another reason I use the auto more

Default welding hoods

I have a Jackson(who is now owned by Kimberly Clark) True sight auto hood, digital. It comes with the blue lens you are looking for. Nice helmet! Give you the ability to pop out the lens and digital controller and use it in other True Sight hoods, meaning if I break the plastic hood part, I can pop out the controller and lens and replace the hood! It has a 13sq inch lens.

Kinda pricey? But in line with others.

Default welding hoods

Sorry, the Jackson I have is amber! Just totally missed the word blue!! Still a great helmet!!