Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Is it bad or not to braze or weld the blade?

I broke one of my band saw blades and I'm thinking of brazing or welding it. Is it a good idea?

probably should just buy a new one, to much effort to weld it back and grind it down, not worth the time and effort in my opinion

We regularly silver solder blades in a jig. Been doing it for too many years to remember. Still have all my fingers too. I will say it pays me but my blades are 160 inches long and my supplier is 70 miles away. There is nothing wrong with it if it is done right in my opinion. Is it worth it? It is for me but it depends on the the cost and availability of replacements in your area and I guess how badly mangled the blade is and how much pressure there is to get back to cutting.
    Meltedmetal

I do both, I have spare full blades for I need this job done now breaks and I keep the broken blades to solder them back together when I have a few to do. Usually the blades are trash when I am done with them though.

I was thinking also of buying new one. I know it's not really recommended
    to braze broken saw blades. Perhaps, I'll just order Haltbar blades.
    Thank you so much for your help guys

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137