Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need good tips

Hybrid View

Default need good tips

Anyone have any quick and easy tip to keep slotted holes in line with each other when punching with ironworker? Without building a jig

Default need good tips

If I don't need a jig, I use my eyeball.

Default need good tips

Unless they need to be "perfect" use a wall of the building or something that is straight like a edge of the ironworker that you can see while using the equipment. Draw you a line on the material and eyeball your marked line either parallel or perpendicular to reference.

Quote Originally Posted by BearM:297379
    Unless they need to be "perfect" use a wall of the building or something that is straight like a edge of the ironworker that you can see while using the equipment. Draw you a line on the material and eyeball your marked line either parallel or perpendicular to reference.
    Thats what i ended up doing.. i only had 50 clips to make. I have a jig made but it wouldnt work for this particular job cause the slots were too close to the edge. I appreciate the suggestion

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137