Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multimatic 200

Default multimatic 200

Who has one and what do you think about it?

Do a search, there is a ton of good info about the mm200.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    Do a search, there is a ton of good info about the mm200.
    Not the MM200 of old the New Multi Matic 200 that just came out. The numbers system is a bit confusing...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Default So far so good

I got one, have only used the spool gun on aluminum. 1/8" to 3/16". I am a beginner and doing OK.

Default multi matic 200

Our school just got two of them finally got a welding stand built will be using them tomorrow. Only thing i dont like so far is the access door how it lifts up the machine when opened

Default Elevation of Base for Door Clearance

I took a couple of short 2X4s and made 2 dadoes in each one to elevate my Multimatic a bit. This way, I can open the door without lifting the machine off of its base. You can also see an extension cord that I made out of previous 110V 10-3 extension cord. This cord was 50' originally and I cut it down about fifteen years ago to work on a 220 3 HP Air Compressor. Then I installed new plugs and receptacles on it and it's now about 45'.

Note, I bought my Multimatic 200 in September from Baker gas when the offer for the free FX welding table was available. I really like the table too. The machine welds like a dream on MIG and C25. I plan to try some stick welding and flux core welding when the weather gets better here. Previously, I had never done any MIG welding. However, I did do some Ox Acetylene welding and stick welding about 40 years ago when I worked as a diesel mechanic.

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Multi Matic 200

Dude I got this machine, 3 days ago and it is bad ASS! It stick welds like no other welder I have ever used, the mig welds excellent and the tig is in the mail... With a full spool of ER70S in it and the leads it wieghs about 45-50 Lbs (ground and factory mig steup.) The MVP feature is also pretty freaking sweet to, Like I said I just got it but I love it!!!!!

I've had mine since February. I really love it. I'm just a hobby welder, but I've used the Mig, Stick & Tig and am thoroughly pleased with it. Best welder I've had. I really like the auto-set elite feature.

Default multimatic 200

For any of you multimatic 200 owners;

Lift TIG?
    AC/DC TIG?
    How does it do with AL on TIG

thanks

The Multimatic 200 is a dc only machine. It will not tig weld aluminum. It is lift start dc tig only. You have to use a spool gun to mig weld aluminum.
    What I don't like about the Multimatic 200 is that it is a 200 amp machine in mig (CV) mode only. It stick and tig mode (CC), it is only a 150 amp machine. Not sure why Miller designed the machine with such a de rating between cc and cv modes.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Miller Bluestar 2E
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table

Ironworker Welder
    Operating engineer
    Owner/Operator Devlin Metal Works
    Custom CNC Plasma Cutting and Welding