Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multimatic 200

Hybrid View

Default multimatic 200

Who has one and what do you think about it?

Do a search, there is a ton of good info about the mm200.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    Do a search, there is a ton of good info about the mm200.
    Not the MM200 of old the New Multi Matic 200 that just came out. The numbers system is a bit confusing...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Default So far so good

I got one, have only used the spool gun on aluminum. 1/8" to 3/16". I am a beginner and doing OK.

Default multi matic 200

Our school just got two of them finally got a welding stand built will be using them tomorrow. Only thing i dont like so far is the access door how it lifts up the machine when opened

Default Elevation of Base for Door Clearance

I took a couple of short 2X4s and made 2 dadoes in each one to elevate my Multimatic a bit. This way, I can open the door without lifting the machine off of its base. You can also see an extension cord that I made out of previous 110V 10-3 extension cord. This cord was 50' originally and I cut it down about fifteen years ago to work on a 220 3 HP Air Compressor. Then I installed new plugs and receptacles on it and it's now about 45'.

Note, I bought my Multimatic 200 in September from Baker gas when the offer for the free FX welding table was available. I really like the table too. The machine welds like a dream on MIG and C25. I plan to try some stick welding and flux core welding when the weather gets better here. Previously, I had never done any MIG welding. However, I did do some Ox Acetylene welding and stick welding about 40 years ago when I worked as a diesel mechanic.

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Multi Matic 200

Dude I got this machine, 3 days ago and it is bad ASS! It stick welds like no other welder I have ever used, the mig welds excellent and the tig is in the mail... With a full spool of ER70S in it and the leads it wieghs about 45-50 Lbs (ground and factory mig steup.) The MVP feature is also pretty freaking sweet to, Like I said I just got it but I love it!!!!!

I've had mine since February. I really love it. I'm just a hobby welder, but I've used the Mig, Stick & Tig and am thoroughly pleased with it. Best welder I've had. I really like the auto-set elite feature.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveBryant View Post
    I took a couple of short 2X4s and made 2 dadoes in each one to elevate my Multimatic a bit. This way, I can open the door without lifting the machine off of its base. You can also see an extension cord that I made out of previous 110V 10-3 extension cord. This cord was 50' originally and I cut it down about fifteen years ago to work on a 220 3 HP Air Compressor. Then I installed new plugs and receptacles on it and it's now about 45'. Note, I bought my Multimatic 200 in September from Baker gas when the offer for the free FX welding table was available. I really like the table too. The machine welds like a dream on MIG and C25. I plan to try some stick welding and flux core welding when the weather gets better here. Previously, I had never done any MIG welding. However, I did do some Ox Acetylene welding and stick welding about 40 years ago when I worked as a diesel mechanic. Steve
    Thanks for the 2x4 idea. It worked out great. Someone went to a lot of trouble to design that bottom to lock into some kind of mounting base. I was going to try and make the dadoes narrower until I realized the bottom is designed to dovetail into something. So, unless I wanted to measure and cut angled dadoes then I just needed to make them wide enough for the dovetailed flanges to fit into. I sent a note to Miller asking if there was some sort of mounting adapter and they answered that the best way to do it is basically just as you recommend. They said ------- "No, we do not have a slotted assembly to mount to a cart However, you could use two blocks of wood and slide them between the dovetail flanges. Then mount the blocks of wood to the cart. Then drill holes through the flanges and fasten the welder to the blocks of wood with screws."

Default multimatic 200

For any of you multimatic 200 owners;

Lift TIG?
    AC/DC TIG?
    How does it do with AL on TIG

thanks