Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Most comfortable/durable welding boots.

I like the opull on/no lacees boots. i was looking into red wings, justins, wolverine, and other brands. i need some help on deciding. i dont mind spending the money for comfort and duribility.

also, do any of these boots come with warranty's? thanks
    Last edited by loolagigi; 12-03-2012 at 07:03 PM.

My last few years on the Fire Department, I wore some Bates boots. They zip up the side and are very comfortable right out of the box. In my retirement, hobby welding, I still wear them alot of the time. Also, I can tell ya this: Berkenstocks are not a good choice, even if you are only using your little 110 mig. Trust me. Here's a link to the boots:
    http://www.galls.com/cgi/CGBCSTYL?PMSTYL=SP403
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Default Most comfortable/durable welding boots.

Danner for lace ups for sure .... I like the Chippewa slip ons .

I have had my danner's for years and they still clean up almost new. Very comfortable too.

Default boots

Red wing is my choice. But the only real thing that matters is that they are good quality leather, and comfortable on your feet. They all wear out
    ARMOR
    MOBILE WELDING&SERVICES
    Trailblazer 302
    X-TREME 12VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Millermatic 135
    WeldCraft WPseries TIG torch
    Smith oxy set.

Redwing king toes are the best for great toe room and comfor. They also are composite toe which keeps them warmer in winter. Downfalls are they are not resoleable and if ya step on hot slag it melts in pretty easy. Have been looking for something different myself as I seem to be welding more and more

I keep coming back to redwings. I get the leather only (no lining). 2 years on mine right now with the only thing wrong is worn through toes.
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

Redwings were the most comfortable boot I ever wore. Just can't find any I like lately. So I went over to Bass Pro Shop and got a pair of RedHeads. I miss my Redwings.
    Trailblazer® 302 Air Pak™
    Miller Dynasty® 350
    Millermatic 350P Aluminum
    Millermatic® 252
    Syncrowave 351

SuitCase® X-TREME™ 12VS

Multimatic™ 200
    Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ w/MVP™
    XR-Aluma Pro Gun
    Diversion™ 180

Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™

Thermal Dynamics® Cutmaster® 52
    Victor Oxy/Acetylene Set

I wear a pair of internal metatarsals, waterproof, made by Red Wing. Buying boots is a losing battle I have tried different brands to no avail. I try to buy pairs made in the U.S.A. Some times it helps other times it just costs more money for junk. I have a very difficult time getting 9 months out of a pair of boots.
    Never Satisfied

Millermatic 211
    Maxstar 150STL
    Metabos
    Kennedy Maintenance Pro Full
    Makita Cordless 18v Li-Ion
    Stihl TS 420

Timfrank88@live.com