Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Dynasty 280 MIA in 2013 Miller Catalog

Perhaps, it has competition? And is not competing for the price they are going to ask for it? The economy is not getting any better just because we elected a new President!!! Wait same President!! Same economy!!!

It's great that they will not release a unit before its perfect. That's why they have brand loyalty. A solid company with a Customer service second to none.

If this were a Chicom unit, the field testing would likely be performed by the general public.

Oh well

Meanwhile I'll continue making dough with the 2 Dynasty's I have.
    I was waiting on the matching cooler to be a pretty nice piece as well.
    I agree that Miller is to be commended for not releasing untill they get it right.
    Anybody can suck and blame it on the economy these days.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

I was waiting to put my 200dx on ebay as soon as the 280 came out. Now I'm more inclined to keep my 200dx, and maybe just go ahead and add a new dynasty 350dx. Although it's great for the brand that Miller will not let it go until it's properly life-cycle tested; Miller would have done better just to stay quiet. Not being in the 2013 catalog probably means it will not make it out until 2015, then the price will have to be higher to cover these r&d over-runs...
    XMT 350 w/ S-75 DXA Feeder
    and a Bernard 300 gun
    Optima Pulsing Pendant
    XR-W wire feeder + Coolmate 4
    with an XR-W Edge Gun

Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    Regular Passport

Dynasty 200DX
    Trailblazer 301G w/Freak Box &
    S-32P volt sensing wire feeder

Spectrum 1000 Plasma
    Spectrum 375 Xtreme Plasma
    Regular Spectrum 375 Plasma

Victor H315FC torch & accessories
    Victor 100FC torch & accessories
    Meco torch & accessories by Kent White

Default Dynasty 280 Update

Thanks for all the enthusiasm and questions surrounding the Dynasty 280. As a company, we want to keep our forum members aware and updated on the progress of this new product.

After significant evaluation, our team is completing further testing which has caused a delay in the product release. We are committed to producing a quality product with outstanding performance first and foremost and therefore can't make any time commitments surrounding the product release. We would encourage those of you looking for a product right now to look into purchasing the Dynasty 200 or 350 products. Thanks for the great conversations and continued support of fellow welders.

i talked to a guy at miller the other day he said dont wait around you will be lucky to see it by 2014 line up

Default I'll go with a 200DX

I'm giving up waiting for the 280, besides I'm thinking that plugging into 110 is something I want, especially since most of my TIG is relatively thin stock.
    Also when a product comes out it takes a couple of years before it's just right. Remember the first 200's? Look how much better it is today.

Thanks Miller for not dumping a product on us that's not fully a Miller Product.

Rob

I wouldn't have purchased a 280 had they released the thing anyway. Since I do not field weld I have no need to a toy sized machine. My Dynasty 350 is superior to EVERYTHING made with the possible exception of the Dynasty 700! The owners of all the chicken **** junk such as Everlast = Junk and other Chinese based machines are all beating their chest like Miller failing to release this 280 toy is a huge victory for them. Miller take this as a lesson and don't step on your foreskin yet again and put something in your line up that isn't fully tested and ready to sell. You screwed up with the 280 and I'm tired of hearing about it from all the Chinese junk crowd! Besting your Dynasty 350 won't be done until we see something truly revolutionary NOT evolutionary there is a HUGE difference in the two words.

Quote Originally Posted by robaroni View Post
    I'm giving up waiting for the 280, besides I'm thinking that plugging into 110 is something I want, especially since most of my TIG is relatively thin stock.
    Also when a product comes out it takes a couple of years before it's just right. Remember the first 200's? Look how much better it is today.

Thanks Miller for not dumping a product on us that's not fully a Miller Product.

Rob
    I gave up waiting for a 280 as well. I ended up going with a 700, which I am very happy with.

I have my suspicions as to what the problems with the 280 are, but I trust they will solve them. As one who actually got to try one at a demo day, I can tell you that they are the future.

Perhaps they are saving this technology for a rainy day?
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    I gave up waiting for a 280 as well. I ended up going with a 700, which I am very happy with.

I have my suspicions as to what the problems with the 280 are, but I trust they will solve them. As one who actually got to try one at a demo day, I can tell you that they are the future.

Perhaps they are saving this technology for a rainy day?
    PLEASE explain how they are the future? Exactly what does it do that a 350 or 700 can't do? What makes it so futuristic in your opinion. All I've heard anyone ever say is it has a SD slot.. Big deal so does my phone, camera, car stereo, etc and that slot sure doesn't help any of them do anything do anything except storage. You don't actually think it will do anything other than that for this either do you? It will allow people to store programs so they can plug in working programs for NON welding people to use because they know nothing about setting up their own machine and shouldn't be welding in the first place! OMHO! Do you believe Miller will send out future updates to keep your machine working well past it's useful life? Why would they do that over selling you the next better machine you know that whole planned obsolescence thing that has been going on since the beginning of time. Same as the cell phone companies and computer companies and --------------------> welder manufactures as well! SO what is it that you feel makes it better than a 350 or 700 that makes it the future? Size? Trust me there's something missing inside there that it needs to do the job and last because my 350 cases are full of parts it's not a big empty cabinet. Is a Dynasty 200 superior to a 350 it's small? It's also dirt cheap compared to what a 350 cost as well. That 280 was basically an over clocked 200 no different that over clocking your cell phone and in the process it caused the chip set to be over stressed and resulted in failures which is fairly easy to see what happened here. Simple as that it failed to last because it was stressed past what the 200 was designed to do safely. Over clocking electronics isn't smart design principles. Again topping the 350 won't be easy. The 700 is simply two 350 machines stacked together. It's the 350 that's at the heart of it and the 350 where Miller hit the ball clean out of the park and broke the bat in the process..