Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well no luck. I think the settings are fine. There has to be a problem with either the wire feeder, turn table or welder.

Well no luck again. As soon as production did a couple welds it screwed up again. I even tried replacing the potentiometer for the wire speed adjustment. This thing is driving me nuts.

Well, it more sounds to me that its time you changed the drive gears and center gear on your feeder, cause if you notice, your drive is bouncing around. This causes the wire not to pass straight. And naturally binds with the liner, tips wear out fast and a not so good final weld.

I changed the gears out early on but I couldn't tell if they were new gears or used ones. They had a bunch of them here. I will try to order some and see how it goes. Thanks.

Its the center one you need to be concerned with as well as the others, For that one you'll need to pull the outer drive housing off

Okay gonna check that. I was just working on it a little while ago. The first weld looked like it wasn't feeding wire. As soon as I turn to look at the feeder it takes off and welds fine. Same for the next weld. Weld after that got I saw the rollers were at a crawl. I undid the tensioner and it was still crawling along. The next weld it fired up just fine and welded. The wire never got stuck to the tip. Any way to check the motor or PC1 Board?