Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
    I think if you locate Relays CR1 and CR2 you will find one of them (more than likely CR1) is your "buzzer"...

Take a look in the Resource section on this site for your machine manual and wiring schematics and you will also find the location of those two relays in the parts section of the manual. They should be very close to one another.

Good luck!

Is this it? sorry about my horrid paint skills, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Well, your vids never worked for me anyways. And since no tech is there to look at it, all we cn do is throw out suggestions. You want it fixed take it to a repair center. Could be a relay, could be a failed contactor. If you have zero electrical knowledge, us suggesting things is is little useless. However if you know someone handy in such things. Have him post here then we can easily figure it out.
    I'll get it figured out I think. I do appreciate your help though buddy.
    Last edited by user name:; 11-28-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by user name

Is this it? sorry about my horrid paint skills, ha.
    That does look like CR-1...

so should I just blast this out with compressed air? I cant find directions in the tech manual on how to test this relay? How can I test it to find out if its bad?

Quote Originally Posted by user name: View Post
    so should I just blast this out with compressed air? I cant find directions in the tech manual on how to test this relay? How can I test it to find out if its bad?
    Well, I would take the relay out, disassemble, refurbish the contacts and of course blow all foreign material out of this unit, IF it is the source of the "buzzing".

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
    Well, I would take the relay out, disassemble, refurbish the contacts and of course blow all foreign material out of this unit, IF it is the source of the "buzzing".
    thank you sir, I imagine I would want to put my multimeter on it to make sure its getting 24vdc as well right?

IS it the source of the buzzing or not....

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    IS it the source of the buzzing or not....
    Cruizer I will know tonight when I get off work if the sound is actually coming from this relay or not. I will report my findings here. thanks for the help guys.

Ok guys got it all figured out preciate ya 7A749...

the buzzing ended up being the cooling line solenoid but it was not the source of the absent voltage output. That ended up being the PC1 which was loose enough to not make full contact in the terminal. Unit is working flawlessly now. thanks everyone for the help!