Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Miller syncrowave 300 woes

I picked up 3 of these units not too long ago. I planned on keeping one for myself. Anyways I have one unit that is not giving any output voltage... Ive set it up for stick welding and cannot get it to run.

The unit powers on but makes some sort of buzzer noise (maybe a contactor issue?) for about 3 seconds then the noise stops. the fan comes on and the power light comes on.... anyways I made some videos so someone may recognize the issue!?

http://s530.beta.photobucket.com/use...01305.mp4.html

http://s530.beta.photobucket.com/use...65822.mp4.html

this is one working correctly with all the similar settings and leads anyways its 1/16" 7014 rod lol...

http://s530.beta.photobucket.com/use...65822.mp4.html

I would sure like to see and hear your machine with the AC/DC switch in the AC position...

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
    I would sure like to see and hear your machine with the AC/DC switch in the AC position...
    It did the same thing upon startup in the ac position.

If its a buzz its just a contactor. Usually dust in the shunts. Just take the coil part of it apart and clean it.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    If its a buzz its just a contactor. Usually dust in the shunts. Just take the coil part of it apart and clean it.
    could that be the reason im not getting any voltage output? also would that explain why its a loud buzz then after about 3 seconds it stops?
    Last edited by user name:; 11-27-2012 at 11:12 AM.

? anyone

Didn't I already answer your question, how many varifications do you need.....

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Didn't I already answer your question, how many varifications do you need.....
    I put a video up... why would you ask me "if its just a buzz"? I am not a sound technician so I have no idea how to describe sounds. did you see the video I linked, if so is that just a buzz that would cease after a few seconds and still leave me with a dead welder? for all i know it could be a gobbledy gook humming sound. Im not quite sure what the "coil part" is either... there is a ton of coil parts in this massive welder.

Quote Originally Posted by user name
    ... Im not quite sure what the "coil part" is either... there is a ton of coil parts in this massive welder.
    I think if you locate Relays CR1 and CR2 you will find one of them (more than likely CR1) is your "buzzer"...

Take a look in the Resource section on this site for your machine manual and wiring schematics and you will also find the location of those two relays in the parts section of the manual. They should be very close to one another.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Dipsomaniac; 11-27-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by user name: View Post
    I put a video up... why would you ask me "if its just a buzz"? I am not a sound technician so I have no idea how to describe sounds. did you see the video I linked, if so is that just a buzz that would cease after a few seconds and still leave me with a dead welder? for all i know it could be a gobbledy gook humming sound. Im not quite sure what the "coil part" is either... there is a ton of coil parts in this massive welder.
    Well, your vids never worked for me anyways. And since no tech is there to look at it, all we cn do is throw out suggestions. You want it fixed take it to a repair center. Could be a relay, could be a failed contactor. If you have zero electrical knowledge, us suggesting things is is little useless. However if you know someone handy in such things. Have him post here then we can easily figure it out.