Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mm200

Ya i found the knob in the weld shop. It was sitting on a shelf lol. When i turn the knob the inner part turns with it. Im going to switch it to the lower setting and see if i notice a difference then.
    Also cope i sent ya my address, and once again thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ZJones1994 View Post
    Ya i found the knob in the weld shop. It was sitting on a shelf lol. When i turn the knob the inner part turns with it. Im going to switch it to the lower setting and see if i notice a difference then.
    Also cope i sent ya my address, and once again thanks so much.
    Package is wrapped and labelled. I sent you a PM with the confirmation number.
    Last edited by cope; 11-29-2012 at 06:31 AM.

That machine has a lot of poop, if you want to run it hard an 8 wire I believe, 50A breaker, if your demand is modest it could run from a 10.

Well i just found this out today, i cant wire in a 50a 220 due to the fact its a rental. The dryer is right inside the door so il be making a cord for it following an online guide. Also if i get ambitious i might paint it with some ppg paint and clear it. Iirc miller still makes the decals. Also a pic of internals, thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well i just found this out today, i cant wire in a 50a 220 due to the fact its a rental. The dryer is right inside the door so il be making a cord for it following an online guide. Also if i get ambitious i might paint it with some ppg paint and clear it. Iirc miller still makes the decals. Also a pic of internals, thoughts?
    Check for the other current MM200 thread. IIRC, the owner had to have decals made for his machine.

When you get the plug to match your dryer receptacle, it will have a wiring diagram. Usually black and white to line, and green to neutral.
    Last edited by cope; 11-30-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    Check for the other current MM200 thread. IIRC, the owner had to have decals made for his machine.

When you get the plug to match your dryer receptacle, it will have a wiring diagram. Usually black and white to line, and green to ground.
    Should be pretty simple, I worked with a contractor for a year so hopefully i didnt forget everything when i moved to a metal shop haha
    So hopefully last question, this one not so dumb haha. Since il be running it off a 30a breaker should i set the voltage input to 200 or 230? (I have the 200v/230v not 230, 460). Or is that for something completely different..? Il be welding mostly 3/16 and every once in a while 1/4 inch.
    Last edited by ZJones1994; 11-30-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Should be pretty simple, I worked with a contractor for a year so hopefully i didnt forget everything when i moved to a metal shop haha
    So hopefully last question, this one not so dumb haha. Since il be running it off a 30a breaker should i set the voltage input to 200 or 230? (I have the 200v/230v not 230, 460). Or is that for something completely different..? Il be welding mostly 3/16 and every once in a while 1/4 inch.
    Set voltage for 230 volts.

Cope-The gun came in yesterday, it looks amazing and il be able to test it this week i spent all day doing plug welds at work with a 250 on its last leg haha

Cope-The gun came in yesterday, it looks amazing and il be able to test it this week i spent all day doing plug welds at work with a 250 on its last leg haha
    Zach, if the electrical wire won't plug in directly, you can cut the Cannon connector off and use whatever it takes. There is no polarity on the leads. Someone at the shop should be able to help you if you can't figure it out from the manual.

So i got it home, working on fixing it and i cant get the voltage range plug to come out. (On the face of machine) any advice