Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mm200

Hybrid View

Default Mm200

So its not 100% yet but it looks like il be getting a mm200 for free from work. They dont want to invest the time and money in it to fix it. It needs a gun (thinking bernard q300) and il have to get a tank (co2). The main reason im posting is its missing a knob for voltage control iirc and then the big problem of it being stuck on the hottest setting. According to the 2 welders at work (im a hobbiest, mostly fab for my jeep) they tried all different settings all the same. Id love to be able to fix it and i figure for home use itl be great. So to sumarize, is the bernard a good gun choice, knob, and the voltage issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ZJones1994 View Post
    So its not 100% yet but it looks like il be getting a mm200 for free from work. They dont want to invest the time and money in it to fix it. It needs a gun (thinking bernard q300) and il have to get a tank (co2). The main reason im posting is its missing a knob for voltage control iirc and then the big problem of it being stuck on the hottest setting. According to the 2 welders at work (im a hobbiest, mostly fab for my jeep) they tried all different settings all the same. Id love to be able to fix it and i figure for home use itl be great. So to sumarize, is the bernard a good gun choice, knob, and the voltage issue.
    It's a good machine. You might find the internal parts at http://miller4less.com/
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

I have the Q300 on mine and it's great. Great machine and arguably the best MIG in its class that Miller ever made.

Pretty simple machine internally. Duaneb55 is invaluable to have around. He has one and is a pro on fixing these machines. Great guy, helped me alot with mine.

Do you think it's the entire voltage switch that's bad, or just the knob?

Seeing how its on one setting regardless of position i would say the whole selecting unit. Also id like to say by no means am i an electrician or even done anything to a machine besides change wire, rollers and the nozel.
    So here is what it looks like il need:
    Selector (i believe someone more experienced please chime in)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miller-Mille...item35c089ca40
    Gun (do guns come with liners.. noob question)
    http://www.praxairdirect.com/PXItemD...egory_rn=11625
    Then some wire (idk what size yet.. need to do some more research) rent a tank and wire a 220v switch.
    Does anyone have a link to the manual for this?
    Last edited by ZJones1994; 11-26-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Without cracking mine open, that switch looks very close and has the 6 positions. You may want to just look inside yours and you may find an easy fix.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Its at work now, ( im still in high school) il be there Saturday possibly sooner. Il be sure to take a look and take pics.

Jump on that deal asap, i have owned mine since 1986, its still running strong

The selector rig is a fairly simple mechanical contraption. Any part of it that is broken could be easily repaired with hardware store items. Go for it!

When you buy a Mig gun, it comes complete with a liner. It may or may not come with consumables. Before buying a gun, find out what brands have easily available consumables.

Contact Miller and see if a M-25 from a MM210 will fit. I have a 12' that is lightly used. I'll send it to you if you pay USPS shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    When you buy a Mig gun, it comes complete with a liner. It may or may not come with consumables. Before buying a gun, find out what brands have easily available consumables.

Contact Miller and see if a M-25 from a MM210 will fit. I have a 12' that is lightly used. I'll send it to you if you pay USPS shipping.
    I really appreciate it! Il call them today or tomorrow. Im going in to work tonight so il take a look at it then, we build chrome plating racks and from looking at the part online i think i could easily fix or make replacement parts for it. The hardest part to find is the knob for the front, when i call miller il ask if they have any or any idea where to get one. Then il get a 220 v wired to the garage (anyone have estimate of cost..?) and pick up a tank of 75/25 and test this baby out . Not bad for a first mig.. especially for free.