Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

Question Welding API-650 Tank

Good Day Fellow

I am a quality control Engineer supervising the construction of an API-650 5000 M3 HFO tank currently , and I am doing this for the first time , and I can make use of the advice that I can get on how :
    1) to give a numbering system for ( welds , Welding operators ) and how to write it down on the tank itself .
    2) how often should I check welders' work ( should I check it after each run ,,,,or maybe after they are done with the whole seam )
    3) Need to know the operation sequence for welding , where to start , and how to syncronize welders' work
    4) Is there any brief paper of the code ( API-650 ) limits for rejection and acceptance , as each time am looking for one , i had to go through a lot of chapters and sections , so I would really appreciate it if one of you guys have all the limitations written briefly in one place
    5) any advice on the most common NDT test that are usually taken on tanks

PS : I can send you pics that i took for the project for better explanations

Appreciate all other help and advice
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 70

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 145