Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Buying welding gear in the Dominican Republic

Hello, I have a quick question about buying welding supplies in santa domingo or santiago in the dominican republic. I am wondering if anyone has bought gear done there and where abouts they purchesed it at, also how are the prices compared to canada. I am going done to work with a mission in a burrio and fab some trusses up, so I am looking at buying a small portable welder, 150 -200 amp range and about 100 feet of cable. Also possibly a torch and set of bottles. I will try and post a pic of the welder i used 2 years ago to build a small fence. Its pretty archaic ha
    Thank you much Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why not just bring a T-arc Scout with you. Light wt, and not difficult to ship it in. Won't be any customs hassles as long as you bring it back.

Here's a Lincoln distributor who is also listed as a supplier by Linde/BOC/AGA and Miller:

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

AGA Quinsa S.A.
    Av. John F. Kennedy Km. 6.5
    Casi Esq. A Lincoln
    Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
    Tel: 809-562-1324
    Fax: 809-562-0473
    Contacto: Guillermo Perez - G.M.
    E-mail: fperez@agaquinsa.net.do

Here are some Miller locations:

http://www.millerwelds.com/wheretobu...NICAN+REPUBLIC

Thank you for the answers and address, I will phone him and inquire about what is all available, im not leaving tell jan so I have a bit more time yet to source equipment. And I have thought about shipping one down but i plan on leaving it there and dont want to deal with customs ect ect. thank you much
    Dave