Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Syncrowave 250 no output problems.

Hi guys, I have a older sync 250, 1998 model, Serial kj245050. The issue i'm having is this.

When i step on the foot pedal, the gas valve relay opens and I receive gas, but the HF and output don't activate. The 3 relays that control all the functions are receiving proper voltages. When i flip the output switch from remote to panel I still don't receive any output. However, the gas relay activates again.

My main question is, the HF relay and output relay are they controled by the main PC board that sits behind the bank of relays? As in, when i depress the foot pedal the gas relay activates because it is directly wired to the pedal from what I understand, but is the PC board what tells the HF and output to turn on? I've gone through all the wiring in the machine and its top notch, no lose or corroded connections. The HF points are in good shape, everything is hooked up properly. This just suddenly happened, i was chugging along welding, finished up my bead, and when i stepped on the pedal again i got nothing!. After fiddling around with connections inside the machine on the main PC board it started working again for a short while and then it just stopped again. Anybody have any suggestions as to what the issue may be? Is it possible that the PC board has gone bad over time?

Its the board, send it in for repair.....

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Its the board, send it in for repair.....
    wow, that sounded pretty definitive..haha. Is there something I can test to be 100% its the board before i drop 600 bucks on a new one? Granted I could return it if its not the issue, but i'd rather be sure and avoid more down time if possible. I would assume there should be some sort of voltage that goes into the board when the pedal is pressed, and somewhere that i can check voltage for an output of the relays.

Thanks for the quick reply.

It's like $140 to over haul it, from Radwell, your welcome to check the machine out though you'll likely find nothing wrong with it. Its a board problem, plain and simple...

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    It's like $140 to over haul it, from Radwell, your welcome to check the machine out though you'll likely find nothing wrong with it. Its a board problem, plain and simple...
    I don't deny that its the board. I had suspected the board ever since the problem happened. My question is, is there something on the board i can check to see what went bad? I already ordered a new one, and i'll likely send this one out to radwell to have it rebuilt so i have a spare or one ot sell either way.