Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Syncrowave 351 power question

I just picked up a Syncrowave 351. My welding plug in my garage is breaker'd 50 amps. Is this going to be too small to run this welder? I found info on the web today saying that it needed to be breaker'd at 100.

I am fairly new to tig welding and have always used my mig 140 or my DVI millermatic. The syncrowave was given to me by my uncle today and if I can figure it out, I will buy it off him. So I have been on this site all day trying to figure out how to work this beast.

Thanks for you help on my first question.

Ideally this machine should have 100A service. You can look up the owners manual here, tells the demands, wire and breaker sizes.

Default Syncrowave 351 power question

Thank you very much.. I downloaded the manual but I couldn't find that spec.. I appreciate your response

With that syncro 350 you are going to need every bit of that 100 amp fuse. 60 would only work for a short time. Everytime a breaker trip the life expectancy gets shorter every time it trips. Use 100 and save a head breaking problem. Good luck