I recently upgraded from my Diversion 165 to a brand new Dynasty 200 DX. It is nice to be able to unplug the leads from the machine when storing or moving it. It would be nice if the power cord could also be disconnected. But that would only be a request...

I decided to make a dedicated ground cable from my bench top TIG table/work surface. I purchased some ground cable and a LENCO LDC-50 DINSE. Of course the "industry standard" DINSE connector will not connect to the Dynasty. It seems that Miller has decided to chamfer the ends of their DINSE connectors and recess the insulation on the sockets on the welder. Thus you need to purchase a Miller OEM or perhaps Miller specific (if there is such a thing) connector. Of course I can and will simply chamfer the LENCO connector to fit. But give me a break... - 10 points for Miller on this one.

And finally, Miller supplied a shoulder strap with the machine. It has a nice quick connect buckle and all. However, the buckle WILL NOT FIT through the slots on the end of the machine! So the buckle is totally, positively and absolutely WORTHLESS! Granted the shoulder strap is only a minor component of the overall package. I probably would never have used it even if the buckle did fit. Still, it makes one wonder...

If a company has designers, reviewers, testers, managers etc. who let something like this pass - what else did they screw up???

Ken