Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If money was an issue that is exactly what I would be doing if they were available. If I was in an areal like Scott V is where they are plentiful would even sit till I found one that came with a gob of lead.

If your wanting a smaw machine for educational purposes that will burn any rod out there, I'd look into a Dial Arc 250 tranny machine. It's cheaper than an inverter with the same amperage capacity, more hardy and a great machine for learning. It will also scratct start dc tig.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Miller Bluestar 2E
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table

Ironworker Welder
    Operating engineer
    Owner/Operator Devlin Metal Works
    Custom CNC Plasma Cutting and Welding

Well I picked up a Hobart Stickmate AC/DC for $175 for the kid.

He's happy and burning rod like there is no tomorrow.

I'm reassessing my own needs.... the MM210 is still here but overkill to my use.

I've had someone come along and make a fantastic offer on it, so I am considering it.

Will probably go to a more portable unit, because the MM210 was just too big for me to put to use all the time, and moving the work to where the MM210 is located at times just can't be done at times.

The MM210 is the last welder I bought so I need to brush up on any new things out there.

You did good, that is an ideal machine and runs from common 50A service. Its the right machine for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    You did good, that is an ideal machine and runs from common 50A service. Its the right machine for you.
    My son likes it .... he's the welding student and is in a Tech High School to obtain AWS certification.

I'll probably replace the MM210 with a MM211 .... it's more that sufficient for my use and somewhat updated.

Aluminum welding will be it's primary use, as that is what I used the MM210 for when I was building projects in the past.

Still want to learn TIG ... but that may come next year.