Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need help..Syncrowave 250dx wont work in AC

I have a Syncrowave 250dx liquid cool runner edition serial # LE407225 . The issue with it is that it wont work in AC mode to do aluminum welding will work in DC mode no problem.
    What it does it sputter and does not respond to the pedal input.
    What i have done is clean the contact and adjust the gap multiple time. Issue still the same. Ive blown compress air through the machine to clean any dust and dirt in the machine Same no fix. Tried different tungsten, pedal and torch..same issue..It is still on the same tank of Argon before issue began. oh i also replaced the pedal micro switch with no helping effect..
    any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Topy

Default Need help..Syncrowave 250dx wont work in AC

i got the same problem with my dynasty 200 last years, it was running great on dc but on ac it was like crap , i bring her to my dealer and he found that it was a phase missing on the current it was only on 120 volts but it should be 220 volts input we replug the wire then it run great for a 200 amps machine!! you should take a look at this !!

Ok so after some more digging threw the Internet. Seems like these Machine have issue with there board. So I pulled mine out and it looks ok minus these 3 transistor. They kinda look like there coating got a little hot and melted a little.
    Is this something the Miller guys can fix? How much for a replacement board? Is there a alternative and better board?

I had my TV repair guy fix mine, some itty bitty transistor that cost about 50 cents. Same issue, didnt work on AC.

I had to replace the PC1 board on my Sync 250 about a year ago and it was about $430 from this place. http://miller4less.com/ it was the best price i could find. If its just the coating that that looks "deformed" and not the case of the transistor itself, its probably ok, they just spray a clear gel coat over the board to protect it and and sometimes you'll get that deformed look but it only because the gel coat ran a bit when sprayed. i thought the same thing until i got my new board and it looked the same way.

I wish it was $430 for a new board, there $830 now to a superseded #. Any body have a recommendation of where to send the board out to check and repair for a decent price. Seems like there all going for around $550.
    Its crazy how a $5000 machine will go out with so little hour of usage. I went with a industrial version so I wouldn't have this type of issue.

For 1 thing, thats NOT the right serial# LE407225 comes up as a WC-24 controller

For another the new board is $734 from miller4less

I get em rebuilt by Radwell international

Quote Originally Posted by topykham View Post
    Ok so after some more digging threw the Internet. Seems like these Machine have issue with there board. So I pulled mine out and it looks ok minus these 3 transistor. They kinda look like there coating got a little hot and melted a little.
    Is this something the Miller guys can fix? How much for a replacement board? Is there a alternative and better board?

Those look like capacitors. I think they usually bulge or leak when they go bad.

Like This:

Maybe the sides can bulge too? But it looks like the top is actually designed to bulge first... to keep them from exploding maybe?
    Attached Images Attached Images

did you ever find out what the problem is ? im having issues with my 250dx in AC mode also ..... already replaced the mother board and rectifier assembly ....

Last I looked at miiler4less $830

the board has been sent out to be tested and see if there is a issue with it. Talked to them and they have repaired a couple of those assembly board #. Each one had a different issue with them. Well see what they say sometime next week.

If that's not the serial # then Miller needs to correct it because that's what on my front panel.