Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default another old Airco needs ID

Hi, My first post here. I have an Airco with a Kohler motor. It all worked last time I used it but when I fired up the motor recently I got no output. I plugged in a trouble light which lit and then died much like a capacitor discharging. Now it won't do that and I read 10V AC at the generator outlet. The only number I can find on the welder is W537125 and I saw somewhere it might be a style W1. I checked the brushes and cleaned the tarnish off the slip ring so far.

I have attached a couple of pics to help ID it. I would appreciate suggestions of what to check or help getting a manual for it.

Thanks, Joseph

Airco Welder 01.jpg
    Airco Welder 04.jpg

Looks like my Roughneck.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o419f_mil.pdf

From Millers cross reference list
    Airco Miller
    1.8ADG-AMEL-A ROUGHNECK
    1.8ADG-AMPL-A ROUGHNECK
    Last edited by big mike; 10-02-2012 at 09:17 AM.

[QUOTE=big mike;294061]Looks like my Roughneck.

Sure does look like it. On mine the throttle arrangement doesn't have the labels for Power & Weld and some of the internal electronics look different. I think I might have an older model than the manual shows. Thanks, I'll do some more investigation on the roughneck line but the manual you have helps a lot.

Joseph

Hi Joseph, hopefully this link can help you out with the manual instructions http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o340d_mil.pdf. It contains a detailed description of every component and the problem with their causes that can disrupt their normal functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Murfee View Post
    Hi Joseph, hopefully this link can help you out with the manual instructions http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o340d_mil.pdf. It contains a detailed description of every component and the problem with their causes that can disrupt their normal functioning.
    I just checked back after all this time. Thanks for the URL.

Joseph