Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Coming out of Welding School

I wonder if company's will be scared to hire me just because I will be a rookie welder fresh out of school ?

Hopefully your school helps you find a job like my school had done.

Default Coming out of Welding School

Ok thanks...My instructor will more than likely help me instead of the school as a whole

If you are scared they won't hire you then they'll likely pick up on that and won't. Be honest and confident.

Despite that the outlook for welding careers is outstanding. I would urge you to look farther along the educational track than manual processes though. Robots and computerized systmes will continue to take a lot of those jobs. You want to be the welder who can program them. :-)

Check out this article from AWS: http://www.aws.org/w/a/research/outlook.html.

And learn from this one how much you're worth and where you can go: http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes514121.htm#ind

If you really, really, really want to just go burn rods for money and get some experience check out all the goings on in Alberta, CA. I rode through there on my bike in September on my way to Alaska. Hundreds of miles of bumper to bumper welding rigs. :-)
    ==============
    Miller 211 MVP
    Hobart StickMate LX 235
    Lincoln AC 225
    CutMaster 42

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137