Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Welder covers

Default Welder covers

Looks like my service truck at work is getting a new welder from the year end budget. Are the factory covers usable while running around with the truck or more for just when parked? I mostly would like something to keep the grit of gravel roads out. Any suggestions?

Factory coves are usually heavy treated canvas and yes they work great buy one.

Default cover

Had two factory Miller covers for my trailblazer. Both lasted 60 days and came apart at the seems . Won't buy another one till some changes to much money for no longer than mine lasted
    ARMOR
    MOBILE WELDING&SERVICES
    Trailblazer 302
    X-TREME 12VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Millermatic 135
    WeldCraft WPseries TIG torch
    Smith oxy set.

You should contact your Miller rep and complain. I have put Miller covers on the Trailblazers of every svc. veh in our County Road Depts. fleet. All 12 have held up well.

Look in the Yellow Pages for a local tent and awning company. Spec out what you want the covers made out of, stitching, etc. and you'll pay less than the factory Miller covers.
    http://www.sheridantent.com/
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

I was thinking of the custom cover idea also. Having thoughts of a lightweight airbag type material. It wouldn't soak water like canvas, an be easy to take on and off. I mostly need dust and grit control, the truck lives inside when not being used.

Don't know if I should admit this, but the welder will probably be red, not blue. But I'm not the one cutting the check.