Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem with syncrowave..

First time poster long time reader.

Ive been doing some smaw welding with the syncrowave today and noticed the amperage display showed 5 and the volts were jumping from the mid 50's to 60's.

I can still weld with the machine but cannot change the amperage unless I restart the machine and do it from the beginning. I believe there is only 19 hrs on it.

The serial is LE265890.

Any help from Cruizer or the others would be greatly appreciated..
    Im going to attempt to put a video on my youtube page and post it here.

Loose or corroded connection on RC4 on the circuit board, or a loose/corroded connections wire #'s 2&3 on S5 the AC/DC_/DC+ selector switch.

Now I like dielectric grease in the circut board connectors, however all you have to do is pull and reseat them

Make sure it is swithcing from tig to stick, and unplug your foot control.

He's having problems with the unit picking up OCV. Geez

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    He's having problems with the unit picking up OCV. Geez
    He said his volt meter was 50- 60 and amp gauge at 5, pretty much what he would get with contactor closed and no Amp control

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Loose or corroded connection on RC4 on the circuit board, or a loose/corroded connections wire #'s 2&3 on S5 the AC/DC_/DC+ selector switch.

Now I like dielectric grease in the circut board connectors, however all you have to do is pull and reseat them

Thank you very much. I will look into it tomorrow. I appreciate you getting back to me that quick.

Cruizer: I unplugged the connector and reseated multiple times to no avail. All connections are tight on s5... As are the work and electrode connections. Any other ideas?

Weldbay the machine switches modes on the display. The foot pedal was not installed..

thnaks for your help

You know your problem is different than expected when I watched the video. Could just be a bad board, You are still under warranty, contact your LWS have them call Miller and send you a new board. Miller ships parts 2nd day air so order
    early Monday and you should have it by Wed. I see no point is messing with it and maybe negating the warranty.

Make sure you make the LWS responsible for the right part number have them assit in the installation that will cover your liability.

If you need help with the part number let us know.

I called miller and spoke to a tech support technician. He is pretty confident the main board is bad. He gave me a couple numbers for board repair. Any recommendations from you guys?

ITs aggravating that the machine has only 19 hrs on it..