Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Setting EN and EP on dynasty 350

I have had my new machine for three weeks now and still having issues with the adjustable EN and EP OK I have been using the machine exclusively for aluminum products I make... There are only three different parts so the welding amps is all I change from one part to the other.....I run the ratio between the EN and EP at 1.5:1 the BAL at 71 Freq.120 and weld amps anywhere from 170 to
    220 3/32 Cereated and 1/8 Cereated with std cups average size like #7 I use Blueshield # 1 which is 75/25 argon Helium gas.My question is do you set your weld current before the EN and EP ?
    and would the EN be the same as your weld current and then figure in the Ratio before setting the EP ?

My wife says I'm 65 going on 12.....I wonder why she says that?

If I wanted 1.5 to 1 ratio, I would set EN to 150 amps and then set EP to 100 amps. Then set my overall amps to wherever felt good

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    If I wanted 1.5 to 1 ratio, I would set EN to 150 amps and then set EP to 100 amps. Then set my overall amps to wherever felt good
    Ok Cool, that's what I have been doing but as the welding amps goes up or down I noticed the EN & EP values doe the same.....So do you set the EN the same as the welding AMPS at first when your setting up the parameters or does it make any difference where the welding
    amps is set when you set your EN & EP? It kinda makes me wonder How you can have a welding current of lets say 170 and the EN will be way more depending on where the welding current
    was when you set you EN & EP......all and all I really like this inverter machine just like to know what does what.
    Thanks again BC

My wife says I'm 65 going on 12.....I wonder why she says that?