Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default tig welder arcing to ground (floor bench ect

I have an older three phase miller itg welder. I replaced the conactor and got everything going. I put the lid back on and now if you put the clamp on the table it arcs out and the high frequency start wont come on. if you put the clamp in the air and the metal your working with it will weld normaly. the clamp arcs to the floor, rods and table arc to the case of the welder. what could cause this? im going to pull the lid off again and test.

Default Fixed it

Ok so we also added a new gun and knobs ect when fixing this thing up, well after adding the gun we then set out to set the the gaps on the high frequency points. Forgive me if they arent called points. When we did that we rotated the gun hose mount on the work lead and I guess it was touching a bolt head. Very weird results, there is old silver plate on the floor and the ground clamp made a light show arcing to it. Any how I figured it out about 10 mins after my first post. What a monster tig this old thing is. Time to find a pedal

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 70

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 145