Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just a couple more items to consider. Travel speed and arc length will both significantly affect bead profile.

Jusy thought id report in. Once i whipped out about an inch further. Now one of the best in the class. Funny how that works haha. Thanks for all the advice.

Default SMAW welds almost completely flat

I know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread for a simple question. What kind of technique did you use for 6011? We're doing that in my class now and I can't seem to make it look as good as I can with 6013 or 7018. I'm going a long the previous bead in the crevice and building up a puddle then whipping it out until I notice it cools slightly then bringing it back in right ahead of where I stopped? Am I doing this wrong or does it just take a lot of practice. My other welds look pretty good, not as good as a lot of y'all's but my teacher said that they were one of the best in the class for me being new to it. Can someone explain the right technique?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 70

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 145